Bomba Thompson

Very happy to see the end of Thompson. Now we only need to get rid of Hird and Reid to completely turn over the main players in the supplement saga. Hopefully the new board to be elected this year will complete the job thus allowing the club to commence from a firm future base.

Why stop there? Just fold the club and create a new club, then everything is wiped clean and we can start again.

Very happy to see the end of Thompson. Now we only need to get rid of Hird and Reid to completely turn over the main players in the supplement saga. Hopefully the new board to be elected this year will complete the job thus allowing the club to commence from a firm future base.

Why stop there? Just fold the club and create a new club, then everything is wiped clean and we can start again.

you havnt gone far enough. find the descendants of mccracken and have them deported. or better still find a delorian or terminator and go back and off him on the spot

Very happy to see the end of Thompson.  Now we only need to get rid of Hird and Reid to completely turn over the main players in the supplement saga.  Hopefully the new board to be elected this year will complete the job thus allowing the club to commence from a firm future base. 

130.gif

Fiorentina style.

I like the way he rolls.

he knew which side his bread was buttered.

He likes mayo on his rolls…i am not very good at this

Sometimes I just wonder how many critics like we got here have actually served as elected persons on boards of organisations with budgets in the $50-100M+ range dealing with high level policy, strategy, contracts and projects, legal issues, as well as day to day issues that tend to bubble up to Board level. Did you have any idea about the myriad of things that might go wrong 3 levels of management below you while you dealt with the big issues of the day? The problem is delegation. You cannot be across everything.In addition, based on my experience major crisis management is not workshopped, its not something you train for and when it happens you do your best based on the information you are given. Quite often you have to make decisions quickly based on maybe legal advice or just rely on the wisdom of the CEO or defer to the Chairman at the time. You talk about it as a group, you have to make a decision, and you live with it collectively.

In the organisation I worked in we workshopped major crisis management and had simulations and exercises run by external crisis mangement consultants to test our responses.

Much ado about nothing - No role at the club for Thompson and so he moves on - Nothing complicated about that !

It's taken a long time but Ms Wilson has a piece on this afternoon's Age website than makes non-irrational, non-vindictive and valid points about EFC's modus operandi and decision making.

If it's the one I read, she made two statements which are completely contradictory.
In the second paragraph, she states that Bomber was sacked. In the penultimate paragraph she writes, and I quote......
Early on Thursday, Luke Darcy declared on his radio program that the Bulldogs would look at Thompson now that he had become available. If Darcy was unaware that Thompson had already been available and had been out of contract since the end of October then he should not have been on the Bulldogs' coaching panel
She can't have it both ways ~ but I guess the word "sacked" sets the emotive tone and the facts are buried at the end of the story. For foamers everywhere, I"ll bet "Bomber sacked" becomes the article of faith.

Now that Bomba is gone will the AFL drop its salary cap restriction on coaching staff?

Exodus! Well, sort of…

Emotions are chemical reactions to stories we tell ourselves, and there's so much "unknown" in this situation, I wouldn't bother trying to figure out how to feel about it all.

Can we get this stickied somewhere?

I think you're onto this.

Shut the club down.

PLayers get acting lessons.

Reopen as a theatre company.

Then travel the country making millions on a little production called..............

"The cause show notices"

At the end of the day, regardless of all this banter in this thread, if he does not pay his 30K fine he wouldn't be coaching! Whether he wanted to or not.

If the Bulldogs want him as their senior coach, I have no doubt they'd be willing to chuck an additional $30K into his package to take care of his fine.

Although I imagine that if the Bulldogs were to appoint him, the AFL would conviently look the other way and hope that everyone forgets about his refusal to pay the $30K fine. Remember these blokes are only dirty ■■■■■■■ drug pushing cheats while they are still working at Essendon.

At the end of the day, regardless of all this banter in this thread, if he does not pay his 30K fine he wouldn't be coaching! Whether he wanted to or not.

We shall see.

Perceived "wisdom" of the AFL hacks does not equal truth.

Do the AFL really want to inflame the situation by banning him - after all they spent all year painting him as the anti-Hird face of the EFC?

AFL want this to go away so lots of scenarios are potentially in play......

AFL want this to go away so lots of scenarios are potentially in play......

Hey, that rhymed :)

mootsy - lloydys back.

he will smite our enemies

actually no hes not.

its just a crap membership drive.

carry on.