Bomba Thompson

I hereby retract that previous statement and stand by my original ascertation.

welcome back sock puppet.

Sometimes I just wonder how many critics like we got here have actually served as elected persons on boards of organisations with budgets in the $50-100M+ range dealing with high level policy, strategy, contracts and projects, legal issues, as well as day to day issues that tend to bubble up to Board level. Did you have any idea about the myriad of things that might go wrong 3 levels of management below you while you dealt with the big issues of the day? The problem is delegation. You cannot be across everything.In addition, based on my experience major crisis management is not workshopped, its not something you train for and when it happens you do your best based on the information you are given. Quite often you have to make decisions quickly based on maybe legal advice or just rely on the wisdom of the CEO or defer to the Chairman at the time. You talk about it as a group, you have to make a decision, and you live with it collectively.

In the organisation I worked in we workshopped major crisis management and had simulations and exercises run by external crisis mangement consultants to test our responses.

I wonder how many clubs boards have done this in he past. Now after the Saga, how many clubs boards and senior staff might consider doing some development in the crisis management area as well !

In the Age today states AFL have given Thompson 1 week to pay his fine or faces being banned working in the industry (which obviously includes media).

Also says he remains aggrieved at his treatment by EFC and regretful he accepted the penalty.

Fail to see how the AFL could ban him from media, straight to court you’d think.

In the Age today states AFL have given Thompson 1 week to pay his fine or faces being banned working in the industry (which obviously includes media).
Also says he remains aggrieved at his treatment by EFC and regretful he accepted the penalty.
Fail to see how the AFL could ban him from media, straight to court you'd think.

You need to be afl accredited these days, this is how they control the spin. If you don't do what I say, you lose your accreditation. Ask the spineless Mark Robinson...

Fail to see how the AFL could ban him from media, straight to court you'd think.

They can refuse to give him accreditation which means he cannot go to the games as a media person.

Isn't Thompson's reluctance to pay the $30k fine based on the AFL's breach of the non-disparagement clause contained in the settlement agreement? This allegedly occurred at a conference attended by the AFL's chief medical adviser. Can someone confirm this?

Isn't Thompson's reluctance to pay the $30k fine based on the AFL's breach of the non-disparagement clause contained in the settlement agreement? This allegedly occurred at a conference attended by the AFL's chief medical adviser. Can someone confirm this?

Take them on - unwind the whole rotten deal he EFC and Hirdy were forced into accepting.

Best result.

That is why AFL will back down....

Caro scathing of Essendon not keeping Thompson while simultaneously maintaining he should be sacked. She's our MVP by miles. Unstoppable.

Wilson scathing of Essendon not keeping Thompson while simultaneously maintaining he should be sacked. She's our MVP by miles. Unstoppable.

She is ■■■■■■■ hilarious. Is the comedy fest. still on? 

Lady allegedly yells at cloud. 

You need to be afl accredited these days, this is how they control the spin. If you don't do what I say, you lose your accreditation. Ask the spineless Mark Robinson...
Or ask Grant Thomas what happens when you dont tow the company line

It would be interesting to see how much they could freeze him out if he did want to be more involved in the media. Obviously the AFL would stop him attending anything in an 'AFL accredited' capacity, but wouldn't the media outlets love to have him? He's proven a very popular attraction, even with opposition supporters in the past. There would be huge interest in anything he has to say free of the AFL shackles. Wouldn't put it past him to do it for his own amusement. Equally, wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from all things AFL.

Another huge pile of ■■■■■ Headlines over Bomber now... Cheesuz Christ on a bike!

So

farking

over

it.

It would be interesting to see how much they could freeze him out if he did want to be more involved in the media. Obviously the AFL would stop him attending anything in an 'AFL accredited' capacity, but wouldn't the media outlets love to have him? He's proven a very popular attraction, even with opposition supporters in the past. There would be huge interest in anything he has to say free of the AFL shackles. Wouldn't put it past him to do it for his own amusement. Equally, wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from all things AFL.

He won't be invited to tha AFL Christmas party, isn't this why Hirdy is in the courts now, he doesn't want to be banned again after missing last years.

So now Bomber wants Essendon to pay his fine? Look I love Bomber as much as the next bloke but I’ve just about had enough.

He has been well payed at Essendon, more than a lot of senior coaches are paid.

He was in part responsible for Robinson coming to the club.

Contributed to one of the saddest B&F nights in our history.

Then went MIA and wouldn’t return phone calls.

Nope, that’s your fine Bomber, ours was 2mil, and we will pay that, THE MEMBERS THAT IS, so sorry bomber, but that 30K is yours and yours alone.

So now Bomber wants Essendon to pay his fine? Look I love Bomber as much as the next bloke but I've just about had enough.
He has been well payed at Essendon, more than a lot of senior coaches are paid.
He was in part responsible for Robinson coming to the club.
Contributed to one of the saddest B&F nights in our history.
Then went MIA and wouldn't return phone calls.
Nope, that's your fine Bomber, ours was 2mil, and we will pay that, THE MEMBERS THAT IS, so sorry bomber, but that 30K is yours and yours alone.

Must have missed it...
Where'd he say the club have to pay the fine?

Another huge pile of ■■■■■ Headlines over Bomber now... Cheesuz Christ on a bike!

So

farking

over

it.

dont

farking

read

it

So

farking

over

it.

dont

read

it

Dont.

Just hearing about it on blitz is enough to be sick to death of it.

why can you say ■■■■■■■ but i cant

lol.

I'm sure I don't farking know.

Crazy Bomber is crazy.