Bomba Thompson

Just don't read the EFC facebook page. The amount of people saying they are not renewing their membership or Thompson leaving is the last straw is just ridiculous.
Kind of scares me that there appears to be lot of angst out there from our own supporters now against the club.

It's not surprising though at all given the disaster of the last few years, did you expect happy faces and disco dancing?? I mean lots of fans have high respect for Thompson and whether people like it or not, he actually coached a team to multiple premierships and made some positive changes in the 2014 season.
Make no mistake, these are dark times for the club.

Just don't read the EFC facebook page. The amount of people saying they are not renewing their membership or Thompson leaving is the last straw is just ridiculous.
Kind of scares me that there appears to be lot of angst out there from our own supporters now against the club.

It's not surprising though at all given the disaster of the last few years, did you expect happy faces and disco dancing?? I mean lots of fans have high respect for Thompson and whether people like it or not, he actually coached a team to multiple premierships and made some positive changes in the 2014 season.
Lol. Prophosise you will hmmmmmmm

Lol. Prophosise you will hmmmmmmm

Lol, But you are not a Jedi yet...

Just don't read the EFC facebook page.   The amount of people saying they are not renewing their membership or Thompson leaving is the last straw is just ridiculous.

Well am EGM was proposed if HIRD was sacked - Lots of single issue supporters. 

Just don't read the EFC facebook page.   The amount of people saying they are not renewing their membership or Thompson leaving is the last straw is just ridiculous.

Honestly, how many of those people are actually Essendon fans or members....

So we have a problem - Some resign their membership if Hird goes and some resign their membership if Thomson goes - But the group of supporters who base their membership on Hird staying are sensible, but in Thomson's case they are fools - Doesn't make sense at all.

And how many people threatened to not renew when Sheedy left?

And yet now we're at an all-time membership high.

Who gives a rats about a few fb whingers, especially in comparison to the 20,000ppl who wrote emails/letters to club to tell club not to sack Hird 

And how many people threatened to not renew when Sheedy left?

And yet now we're at an all-time membership high.

Not that many? 

SAVEESSINGTON had about 100-200 people there IIRC and half of them were only there to have a laugh at the initiators.

So we have a problem - Some resign their membership if Hird goes and some resign their membership if Thomson goes - But the group of supporters who base their membership on Hird staying are sensible, but in Thomson's case they are fools - Doesn't make sense at all.
It's not the same - Hird is our coach who was being punished and forced out by public and media shitslinging. Fans saw this as unfair, and the club needed to be strong against it. Thompson was always gonna be here for the short term. He was assisting Hird, had to step into the senior role temporarily, which was understood by all parties, and now his work is done and there's no role for him. The club understands this, sensible supporters understand this. Schmucks on FB popping memberships into the microwave have got it wrong. They are fools.

People are entitled to their opinions but hey it is what it is. 

Thanks to those people who vacated their seats and allowed me to have awesome home Eithad seats. Gladly take them.

I admire people who have such passion in their opinions. I find that I really don't get passionate about much in life. Obviously this football club I do at the games and I go to as many as I can, near or far, and i defend the players in this ASADA stuff but nothing they could do would make me walk away from this club. I always try and tell myself that one day all the ■■■■ will be worth it. I'll stick to that...

Ok, I'll put my hand up... I didn't renew my membership for 3 years after Sheedy was sacked - after 15 consecutive years.

I wasn't a member of the SaveEssendon or the SaveSheedy push - I was just really angered at the way it was done and the blind panic that led to Knights taking over. As a member I didn't know of any other way to demonstrate my total disgust at their treatment of a club legend.

If James Hird had been sacked after the Crichton Medal debacle I think I would have made the same decision.

Especially that one woman with multiple rants about getting rid of "James Herd"...... looks totally legit.

Bomber must pay the $30000 fine.  EFC isn't allowed to pat it on his behalf.  I'm sure he can afford it.  I think it is a case of deep pockets and short arms.

Bomber must pay the $30000 fine.  EFC isn't allowed to pat it on his behalf.  I'm sure he can afford it.  I think it is a case of deep pockets and short arms.

Taking the urine, right? As you point out, it's nothing to him, & I'm sure he would, if he thought he should.

It's principle on this, pure & simple.

Bomber doesnt need to pay the fine, as long as he has no plans working in the AFL next year.

its crap he should tell them to stick it, and if they have a problem see them in court cause that Dr Harcourt already breached the disparragement agreeement.

I think its fair to say that if Bomba was clearly sacked without justification then a hell of a lot more people would be angry at the club & threaten to not renew memberships etc.  This is why any attempted comparisons to Hird after the B&F are baseless.  I'm disappointed Bomba didn't stay but I'm not convinced its against his will.  Will change my opinion if other evidence emerges.

Ok, I'll put my hand up... I didn't renew my membership for 3 years after Sheedy was sacked - after 15 consecutive years.

I wasn't a member of the SaveEssendon or the SaveSheedy push - I was just really angered at the way it was done and the blind panic that led to Knights taking over. As a member I didn't know of any other way to demonstrate my total disgust at their treatment of a club legend.
If James Hird had been sacked after the Crichton Medal debacle I think I would have made the same decision.

Absolutely. ..in hindsight how badly it was done and to appoint Matty Knights like that & then extend his contract way too early only to sack him shortly after. What should have happened is an exit plan should have been agreed with the Master where the club wins, the upcoming coach wins, and most likely Sheeds would have been a lot happier wi th that. Someone should have sat with him & been groomed for a few years ala Roos Longmire

Watch them all crawl back when we're winning games and they're worried about missing out on finals tickets.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-could-cover-mark-thompsons-afl-fine-20141120-11ql25.html

A further twist in Mark Thompson’s turbulent relationship with Essendon could see the club agree to cover the $30,000 unpaid fine that has put the 2014 Bombers’ coach at odds with the AFL.

In a frank discussion with Gillon McLachlan on Wednesday Thompson has assured the league chief that he will honour his penalty, handed down as part of Essendon’s 2012 governance and welfare failings.

That assurance means Thompson will avoid punishment from the AFL Commission meeting in Perth over Thursday and Friday. The commission had the right to not only ban the dual premiership coach from working in the football industry, but also to block Thompson from attending AFL games.

This would have prevented  him from expanding his media work in 2015. Shown the door by Essendon chairman Paul Little last week, Thompson, already contributing to Fox Footy, has engaged Elite Sports Properties’ Craig Kelly and is in negotiations with 3AW to play a key role in the radio network’s football coverage. He is believed to be fielding a number of media offers.

Essendon is believed to have given some ground on its previous assurance it would not help Thompson with his AFL fine. As the 2014 senior coach negotiates his messy exit from the Bombers, the club he captained to the 1993 premiership, Fairfax Media believes he could also push for a small settlement given the nature and the timing of his removal.

Little told Thompson he had no job at the club some six weeks after virtually offering him the senior coaching role. Thompson publicly put his hand up for the job at Essendon’s Crichton Medal count in the belief that James Hird would be removed as coach.

Deeply upset at being singled out and fined by the AFL and also at being let go by Essendon on the eve of the 2015 pre-season, Thompson now has legal representatives in negotiations with Essendon’s lawyers. They will argue that the Bombers left him little time to move to another club.

Thompson has told friends he regrets agreeing to the AFL penalty, which he claims to have signed under duress. Fairfax Media expects him to request an opportunity to put his case to McLachlan and chairman Mike Fitzpatrick after the fine has been paid, in a bid to set the record straight and clear his reputation.

Consistent evidence from the ASADA investigation last year recorded that Thompson never encouraged the potentially dangerous and allegedly illegal injecting regime and on two occasions fought to prevent it.

The AFL has accepted the payment could now be further delayed while the issue of who will accept responsibility for the $30,000 is resolved.

Essendon was fined $2 million for bringing the game into disrepute and paid Hird an estimated $700,000 while he was on sabbatical, banned from working in football. It recently settled on $1 million with former high performance boss Dean Robinson, as well as covering his six-figure wage for close to six months after he was stood down. The club’s legal bills to date have been conservatively estimated at $1 million.

Get stuffed