Bomba Thompson

Don’t know why people hate on Lloyd.

If he fixes JD’s set shot then he has well and truly redeemed himself in my opinion.

Breed them out.

Watch the rating jump with the Thompson panel and Caro and co will die the death of nobody tuning in.

Bomba is a legend, judge him by what he says not who he works for. It’s not as if there are endless jobs in the industry, and I trust him to provide some balance.

Gee whiz the those on here having a crack at Bomber for taking a job at 3AW and using it to call into question his love for the club can you kindly grow the ■■■■ up.

Bomber has everyright to still earn money from the AFL industry, if he was to move into the media can anyone name one outlet available to him that hasn’t taken significant shots at our club over the past 2 years?

Doesn’t mean he will ideally sit by and let his colleagues spew the same ■■■■ they have at the club for the past 2 years. Lloydy might not be comfortable pulling Tony Shaw or Caro up on the crap they have thrown at us, but I’m pretty sure Bomber could very easily show these two up for agenda driven, idiotic flogs they are.

A reply to: @SCarey regarding QuoteLink

Bomba is a legend, judge him by what he says not who he works for. It's not as if there are endless jobs in the industry, and I trust him to provide some balance.

Never judge Bomba by what he says !! He is often a fruit-loop, whose tongue works well before his mind. Remember Sheeds was one of his teachers !!

Emma Qauyle is with Fairfax…same with Rohan Connolly etc…it’s just a special comments radio Gig…just like Lloyd does. It’s not really that controversial folks. Hope he is happy

Pretty smart move I reckon. Work at a staion that is sympathetic to the EFC cause (is there one…?) and the likes of 3AW, Fairfax etc will continue to slag him. Now that he is “one of them” they can hardly continue to slag him the way they have. He will call them on it if they do.

Quoted Post

Emma Qauyle is with Fairfax...same with Rohan Connolly etc..it's just a special comments radio Gig....just like Lloyd does. It's not really that controversial folks. Hope he is happy

Exactly. I didn’t even know 3AW was owned by Fairfax. Ultimately the editorial control for Caro stops with the editor. Caro has taken the call to go that way, she always has and always will go like on a club political issue and her editor has supported her. I can’t see the CEO of Fairfax issuing an edict to all journo’s and staff of all branches of Fairfax to follow his orders and destroy Essendon. Even if he did, journo’s and commentators have their own minds and ethics. I’d keep my beef with individual journo’s and editors. The Emma Quayle example is a good one.

Quoted Post

Bomba is a legend, judge him by what he says not who he works for. It's not as if there are endless jobs in the industry, and I trust him to provide some balance.
Agree with this.

Finding the outrage just a tad over the top. Not a 3AW listener so not particularly fussed.

FOOTBALL LEGEND TAKES JOB IN FOOTBALL MEDIA!!!1one!

Jesus. Shut the ■■■■ up, ■■■■■■■.

A reply to: @CJohns regarding QuoteLink

Emma Qauyle is with Fairfax...same with Rohan Connolly etc..it's just a special comments radio Gig....just like Lloyd does. It's not really that controversial folks. Hope he is happy

Best in the business. And I actually mean that…

Quoted Post

I'm happy for Bomba. Not that I ever listen to 3AW. I can't imagine him NOT sticking up for EFC. I guess time will tell.

BTW didn’t I see somewhere that Caro has moved to Fox Footy this year?

I doubt we’ll ever see Caro on Fox Footy while she’s “chief football writer” at The Age. Fox is part of News Ltd, a direct competitor of Fairfax. I guess that’s why the likes of Robbo, Ralph, Sheahan etc are heavily featured in Fox Footy programming as they’re aligned with News Ltd. I don’t watch Footy Classified nor listen to AW during footy coverage as the likes of BT & Caro were all over their coverage. I doubt that’ll change despite BT moving back to Triple M for 2015.

A man’s gotta get paid.
Maybe we should have sent him a list of professions acceptable to us post-Essendon?

Don’t care. Didn’t listen before, actively switch if the Mrs has left it on in her car. That won’t change.
But best of luck to Bomber.

You know its gonna be like ‘wow hes a good kick of the football isn’t he, bomber how did the drugs affect your teams kicking in 2012…?’

It’s funny, the only reason I have any concern regarding the sorry saga is that both Rohan and Emma have been very circumspect about it.

They are very good journos with better info than mine, and a different opinion than mine. It gives me significant reason for concern.

A reply to: @alex.f.94 regarding QuoteLink

Flog move. Up there with Paddy.

Flog post. What are you, twelve?

A reply to: @BarkerBomber regarding QuoteLink

yup thanks for the input

Don’t know how any can feel anything but hysteric laughter.

Quoted Post

Mate he is entitled to his opinion. No reason to have a go at him.

As for Bomber going to 3aw, i never listen to those morons so i couldnt care less that he is on there. I was waaay more angry when Thompson kept on appearing on 360 after robbo published the players names. Should never have appeared on that show after that.

A reply to: @efc1robbo regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post

Mate he is entitled to his opinion. No reason to have a go at him.

As for Bomber going to 3aw, i never listen to those morons so i couldnt care less that he is on there. I was waaay more angry when Thompson kept on appearing on 360 after robbo published the players names. Should never have appeared on that show after that.

Couldn’t care less where Bomber ends up. He did his job with us in 2010 and 2011, I still think he had more of a say in what happened in 2012 than the media are letting on (wouldn’t want those Geelong flags being called into question). I wasn’t a fan of how he coached in 2014, reckon he cost us that final against those ■■■■■■. But best of luck to him at a radio station I rarely listen to.