Bomba Thompson

nah it was like 90/10 split in favour of.

Hence the original post. Ah well. History now

Sound like the club needs to go down to the Hanger, get on some quality MDMA and really have a good bonding session and talk to each other and hug it out. Then get back to business of being a professional football club.

And go out and hug the opposition lol

3 Likes

And itā€™s why the AFL has a policy regarding illicit drug use by players negotiated with the AFLPA - no names, no clubs, but the policy does involve standing down on mental health grounds after X strikes. There is no reason why staff at clubs and AFL would fall outside the average range of use by those in other workplaces.

1 Like

Except Big A, Coaches and their Staff are not drug tested.

Maybe they should be

AFL house should be drug tested.

Toilets will be flushing like half time at the superbowl.

4 Likes

#YESS

Most workplaces donā€™t except if there are safety aspects. They donā€™t see themselves as acting for the police. Some ( including where I have worked) require it to be declared on a confidential basis, but not a sackable offence unless convicted.

I love bomber thompson. captained the team I love to my first childhood premiership in 93.

genius of a man, fantastic coach.

I only wish him the best in working through the mess he is in. thankfully the police found him before it was a LOT worse.

2 Likes

What was the result of Thompsonā€™s one season as coach, just out of interest?

Watching the murder of Steinberg by sideshow Bob

4 Likes

Got us into the finals, thrashed as usual, as usual Dyson philosphical about the loss.
From memory, he got Geelong to three GFs in a row, two successful. Costa probably saying that was before ā€¦

1 Like

The club obviously knew it was a farce if they put Frawley and Wallace on the panel.

4 Likes

Frawley was probably selected as CEO of AFLCA at the time, a job he acknowledged he could not handle.

1 Like

I almost laugh in disgust at how many flogs on this forum flame Spud Frawley when heā€™s been to the bottom of the bottom himself but come out the other side. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hell. At least heā€™s come out the other side with an intact family, and career in the media.
Carry on nowā€¦

3 Likes

Love all these idiots coming out now ā€˜oh everybody knew about itā€™

Frawley would have said something but he was too busy being an idiot on that footy show thinking heā€™s funny.

4 Likes

Yes youā€™re right but that means he should have more compassion/empathy for those who are in similar situations. Yet his statements continually contradict this position you would expect him to have, hence why people think heā€™s a flog.

8 Likes

When was Frawley at the ā€œbottom of the bottomā€? What happened to him?