Bomba Thompson

I would much rather BT as a coach. He's a better coach plain and simple. BT leaving if Hird comes back is a bad outcome for mine.

but neither returning is worse

It's not a question of BT leaving BECAUSE JH has come back. His intention was always to fill in for this season while James was on suspension. Bombers deal was for this year only and he has indicated that he will then move on. Bomber has always been very supportive of James Hird and James wanted Bomber to coach the team this year. Unless someone knows anything different.... I haven't observed any falling out between them.

Yes, Bomber is a better coach to this point but how do you know James isn't going to be as successful - it didn't all come together overnight for Bomber.

I would much rather BT as a coach. He's a better coach plain and simple. BT leaving if Hird comes back is a bad outcome for mine.

It's not a question of BT leaving BECAUSE JH has come back. His intention was always to fill in for this season while James was on suspension. Bombers deal was for this year only and he has indicated that he will then move on. Bomber has always been very supportive of James Hird and James wanted Bomber to coach the team this year. Unless someone knows anything different.... I haven't observed any falling out between them.
Yes, Bomber is a better coach to this point but how do you know James isn't going to be as successful - it didn't all come together overnight for Bomber.

Pretty sure Bomba was close to being given the sack before snaring the likes of Ablett, Bartel, Hawkins, Taylor and Mackie.

True.

He doesn’t seem money motivated, or keen to go on next year, but you’d reckon if you were a cash-healthy loser-club you’d be getting Paul Roos money together to throw at Bomber next year.

Just loved Bomber's performance at the presser last night.

He is a winners coach, losses despite honourable or not aren't acceptable.

To be a premiership side that's the way it must be viewed.

He doesn't seem money motivated, or keen to go on next year, but you'd reckon if you were a cash-healthy loser-club you'd be getting Paul Roos money together to throw at Bomber next year.

Melbourne?

Hope we can find a way for him to stay. He is exactly what we need.

Has us playing a good style of footy, The last 2 weeks there has been a big diff in our playing style. Hope he stays.

He doesn't seem money motivated, or keen to go on next year, but you'd reckon if you were a cash-healthy loser-club you'd be getting Paul Roos money together to throw at Bomber next year.

He should coach just for one year at every club. Take the game into a golden era.

He should coach just for one year at every club. Take the game into a golden era.
Equalisation at work.

doesnt he and dodoro own most of victoria

just watched his presser. god dammit i love him, the guy is a genius. he's out there, but a genius nonetheless. 

be a damn shame when he leaves at the end of the year, will he tip it in completely or can hirdy convince him to stay in some capacity? 

Should be kept on just to do the post match presser. He took a bit of the sting out of the loss last night with what he had to say.

i watched it, i laughed, but i had this undeniable feeling that things are under control and we well and truly know where we are at. 

Bombers pressers are awesome.

Great to have him coaching but before everyone carries on too much about him staying given our positive start to the season, just remember our start last year, in fact vast majority of the season under Hird.

The team is another year further in their development and have that additional resilience after a year from hell. Hirdy would have them playing amazing footy as well, the only thing we “might” not be seeing is Hurley back, Carlisle fwd. And I say “might” because there is no doubt our fwd line would have been in focus to be tweaked at end of year review

I hope he stays on board, even into recruiting. I figure he will form a much stronger connection with the group this year that would make him want to be around anyway for the future.

That's the thing with Bomba, no matter the result he makes you believe it is all building towards something. It's something that Hird didn't possess and its a quality of the best coaches, he instills confidence in all supporters because you know that its all part of the process and everything that went wrong he'll be able to get to the core of it, work on it and make it a strength because thats the kind of coach he is. Make no mistake, that Geelong are still top 4 material because of the work he's put into the list and the leaders he's built there. You can tell that Chapman is rejuvenated, Goddard's started excellent this year. Gleeson has flourished, Hooker has improved again, Patty Ambrose has been given the opportunity and has taken it! It's also the fact that right now, you know that he's working on a way to turn our lack of rucks for the Carlton contest into a positive. Bomba just knows what he's doing, he's on top of everything, he's one of the only genuine men of football that remain.

It was always going to happen...
Hird off the scene for 12 months, Bomber steps in.
Everybody wants Bomber to stay (after 2 games) and Hird is on the scrapheap.
The club is going to be put in a horrible situation, either way, at the end of the year.

I loved when started singing ‘triple m’ right at the very end of the presser.

I don’t know if he smoked a scoob, had a valium or is practising Buddhism, but he seemed remarkably chilled.

I farken love this guy.

It was always going to happen...
Hird off the scene for 12 months, Bomber steps in.
Everybody wants Bomber to stay (after 2 games) and Hird is on the scrapheap.
The club is going to be put in a horrible situation, either way, at the end of the year.

Don't think anyone is suggesting that. 

Rather, we don't want him leaving the club alltogether at the end of the year. 

He is an Essendon person, and we need him around to help steer the club towards becoming great again. He knows what it takes and he has always observed that we haven't been a good club for a long time (and still aren't) since his return.  

Ideally he could handle the media (the fact they aren't trying to bury him in the papers every day is a bonus) as an assistant and Hird can sit in the big chair.

Here's a question: if we win the Premiership this year, who will coach us next year ?

This should be a poll.