Bomba Thompson

Just make sure he is at the club in 2015. That is all.

in what capacity?

in what capacity?

Coach or senior assistant, either or.

We have played like this every round 1 match under Hird.

Not that style of football, and we controlled the game for 99% of the time. Last time we beat Norf round one, we won because of a shank after the siren. Last year, we had a massive comeback win that was nothing like the way we played.

Yeah, those 13 points we were down after the first quarter against Adelaide were hard to make up in the other three quarters of play we dominated.

Pretty sure we were down by about 30 points at some stage against Adelaide last year.

Not that style of football, and we controlled the game for 99% of the time. Last time we beat Norf round one, we won because of a shank after the siren. Last year, we had a massive comeback win that was nothing like the way we played.

Yeah, those 13 points we were down after the first quarter against Adelaide were hard to make up in the other three quarters of play we dominated.

Pretty sure we were down by about 30 points at some stage against Adelaide last year.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2013/010520130322.html

When?

When?

I may be thinking of the Adelaide game the year before.

in what capacity?

It will be as senior coach, or not at all.

Bomba himself has said there is no great difference in gameplan etc. between himself and Hirdy.  I too would like to see Bomba involved next year.  But I also want Hirdy back ! And that is non negotiable with Paul Little or anyone else.

in what capacity?
It will be as senior coach, or not at all.
It's a tough one Ben.
Much can happen in 23 weeks. Much.

When?

I may be thinking of the Adelaide game the year before.

It was only 22 points. Adelaide kicked the first 7 scoring shots to lead 22 - nil. We then kicked 3 points and a goal to bring it back to 13 points.

Given how important it is to get ahead early to silence interstate crowds, plus the pressure that was on us due to the sorry saga that was unfolding, it looked like we were farked.

Bomber then came out and blasted everyone in the break, and we kicked 6 goals to 1 in the 2nd qtr.

It felt like it was a come from behind win, but I'll attribute a lot of it to Bomber.

Just calling it as I see it.

Anyway it's unfair to compare the two coaches. Different sides (that they both had a hand in), against different sides. And you can't make out like comments that Bomber is making to the players at training wern't being made last year, because we didn't have access. Plus Bomber was coaching Hird last year too don't forget.

If Bomber says he wants to stay on and coach Essendon, then we have an issue. But this issue could have raised it's ugly head in the first 2 years of Hird's tenure, why would it happen now?

If the board decided for some stupid reason they weren't going to honour Hird's contract, Bomber would probably tell the board the get effed, because he's only agreed to the position on the grounds that Hird wasn't completely shafted.

IMO the media want Hird shafted, and if they were smart about it they would make Bomber enjoy his coaching stint rather than make it hell for him and remind him why he got out of senior coaching in the first place.

Bomber is a great coach, we know that, we watched him build geel into the great team it is. But he will only be coaching us for this season and then I suspect he will be gone. He has even said that this has effected his coaching in that he has no pressure on him 'to perform' and he is happy to take risks.

When James comes back there won't be a BT beside him - but there will be a very good group of assistant coaches who would have spent a very educational and, hopefully, exciting/successful year learning from the great BT. If we can keep those assist coaches there I reckon Hird will have an easy transition back to coaching.

I am sure Bomber will only be a phone call away if James needs him.

Reckon should get Bucks in as coach next year. He’ll be available soon.

Reckon should get Bucks in as coach next year. He'll be available soon.

That would really be a backward step! Who needs a cwood reject....

The way he rolls the media by returning the farce that they are to what they should be talking about, FOOTBALL is incredible.

It's like they come at him for tabloid ■■■■ and he reminds the what football is all about. LOVE  the way he talks to the media, even better than hird imo, better than sheeds for awesomeness but not better in general, sheeds was a walking PR machine.

What bomber said about the jumper and getting down, ■■■■ YEAH

better see ya'll there

SCREW THE DAWKS.

Bomber is a great coach, we know that, we watched him build geel into the great team it is. But he will only be coaching us for this season and then I suspect he will be gone. He has even said that this has effected his coaching in that he has no pressure on him 'to perform' and he is happy to take risks.

When James comes back there won't be a BT beside him - but there will be a very good group of assistant coaches who would have spent a very educational and, hopefully, exciting/successful year learning from the great BT. If we can keep those assist coaches there I reckon Hird will have an easy transition back to coaching.

plus jimmy will have an advanced diploma of stuff from france.

lid off 2015

Did he say he wouldn't be senior coach past this year?  Or will he come back as senior assistant again when Hird comes back?

2015 coaches will be Hird, Buckley and Voss.

I would much rather BT as a coach. He’s a better coach plain and simple. BT leaving if Hird comes back is a bad outcome for mine.

Lol… It took me some time to work out that you weren’t talking about Brian Taylor.

I would much rather BT as a coach. He's a better coach plain and simple. BT leaving if Hird comes back is a bad outcome for mine.

but neither returning is worse