Bomber myths debunked

So Damien Hardwick was on the Front Bar tonight. He was asked about the infamous “laptop” debacle. He said that he didnt forget his laptop and simply had an awful presentation.

3 Likes

Everything I ever believed was a lie.

14 Likes

I thought he couldn’t get the laptop started.

Anyway, who the ■■■■ cares?

2 Likes

I thought it was the power point presentation. Happens a lot, some organisations ban them as a distraction.

Was it too much clip art, or not enough that did in Dimma I wonder? Or did he just mess up the slide transition animations?

3 Likes

Another example of death by powerpoint.

2 Likes

It’s always the transitions

3 Likes

7 Likes

He was using this clip art to illustrate the players:

12 Likes

I thought he used too many Dilbert cartoons.

1 Like

I thought the initial rumour was, that Hardwick thought the list was rubbish and needed to be slashed, whereas Knights was ultra bullish about the list?

5 Likes

Hardwick: so in my first slide.
Panel: wait is that comic sans?
Hardwick: yes.
Panel: next!

12 Likes

That true, but I prefer the image of Dimma trying to amend his presentation by applying white-out to his screen. WHY ISNT IT WORKING ON TODAY OF ALL DAYS???

1 Like

Matty Knights is the guru of powerpoint.

1 Like

The nice respectable middle-class bosses at Essendon didn’t like Dimma — a common hooligan. They were looking for any excuse to give the job to their favourite bumboy. They found one.

A year or so later, Bumble was doing it hard, everything was against him, even his telephone, so they extended his contract to make him feel better.

Meantime Dimma executed a Reverse Sheedy perfectly and got maximum points at Punt Road. The rest is history.

Indeed, I felt the cold draught of history blowing up my clacker when Woosha got his contract extended recently……

3 Likes

Not exectly ‘meantime’…

2 Likes

You nitpicker, Wim. It’s called dramatic licence. Oh, and turn your spellcheck back on…

4 Likes

NL!

Heard the same thing.

Dimma called it as he saw it.

Knights told the board what they wanted to hear.

“Welcome aboard Matthew…”

1 Like

Rumour?

That was the medias angle as they pushed an agenda.

1 Like