Bomber Players can "Walk"

So this guy Finnis just makes things up as he goes along? (stupid question)

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t the club accept all these sanctions for governance issues only? Was lack of duty of care to the players actually included in the revised charges? Can’t remember the exact wording. If not, I don’t see how they could allow players to walk out on the club.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the club accept all these sanctions for governance issues only? Was lack of duty of care to the players actually included in the revised charges? Can't remember the exact wording. If not, I don't see how they could allow players to walk out on the club.

If memory serves, "duty of care" was mentioned in the revised charges.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the club accept all these sanctions for governance issues only? Was lack of duty of care to the players actually included in the revised charges? Can't remember the exact wording. If not, I don't see how they could allow players to walk out on the club.

If memory serves, "duty of care" was mentioned in the revised charges.

Ok thanks. Have read so much about this whole saga just couldn't remember.

Demetriou just "confirmed" on 774 that players (plural) had confirmed they wanted to do this.

His incompetence is staggering.

Can you confirm is this Alledgedly or Fact or is it provided by sources?
Is this a bit of niggle about Docs court case? Our Dear Leader can be quite petulant at times, almost vindictive.
It is amazing to see Our Dear Leaders running commentary in the press...he won't let it settle.

No doubt another "subtle" strategic move by AFL via AFLPA (ala "Sarah") to encourage Dr Reid not to take matters too far. When it's time for him to bend over like the other three, he should do it gladly and say a big thank you.

Matt Finnis is trying to make a name for himself. 

And it starts with C and it's about three feet higher that an ankle!

The AFL / media and others are applying the water torture to Essendon. They will keep at it, working away constantly to undermine us. There will be more of this type of tactic in the future.

God this just doesn’t stop does it… Like has been said, if this eventuates and they let this happen… Even if the player(s) want to go, that’s the afl done for me for a while. I would be very disappointed if anyone walks… But even if they do, we’ll be alright

Which is fair enough. Who the hell in their right mind would want to be called 'Matt Finnis'. What's his brother/sister called, 'Hi Glos'?

Sadly we ain't gonna stop reading/hearing ■■■■ like this any time soon. The scum will stop at nothing to try bring us down further.

Demetriou just "confirmed" on 774 that players (plural) had confirmed they wanted to do this.

His incompetence is staggering.

I can confrim that their names are Luke Davis and Hal Hunter.

The AFL / media and others are applying the water torture to Essendon. They will keep at it, working away constantly to undermine us. There will be more of this type of tactic in the future.

The sooner round 1 2014 comes around so we can respond on field again the better... So over all of this

Phhfft....... Finnis is like a bumbling corporal trying to look tough by chuckin grenades after the battle's moved on.

JEEEEESSHHHH WHEN'S F&^KING CRICKET SEASON !!!!

Phhfft....... Finnis is like a bumbling corporal trying to look tough by chuckin grenades after the battle's moved on.

JEEEEESSHHHH WHEN'S F&^KING CRICKET SEASON !!!!

He's actually a Sergeant......"I know nussssssing"

Which is fair enough. Who the hell in their right mind would want to be called 'Matt Finnis'. What's his brother/sister called, 'Hi Glos'?

or maybe "Just a Short Note"

Players won’t leave due to this. Confident about it

Jetta, finish your rep and…?

ESSENDON players could have the option of walking out of Windy Hill as delisted free agents.
But the option of moving unhindered to another club could be exploited by players and player managers during the October trade and free agency period.

Personally I don't have any problem with this proposal if it is used for its intended purpose. However as the above line states it is open to abuse and a player not affected by the suppliments issue in any way could use this get to a new club.

I can't really see us losing any "best 22" players from this.

Step away from the 'mother' comments people.

I have no issue with any player wanting to leave from this, and think they should be given free agency, however there should be conditions to stop it being abused.

Like if you have 2 yrs left at 250k that’s all you are allowed to take from another club. Effectively they just move their contract elsewhere. This would mean players are leaving due to the program and not for money/extra years.

I am also confident we’d retain our players.

Feels like Vlad is trying to stop us trading into the first two rounds.