Bomber Thompson's House Raided by Police

Weird!

Herald Sun Article

Victoria police raid house of Essendon great Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson
TOM MORRIS, FOX SPORTS
2 minutes ago

EXCLUSIVE — ESSENDON great Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson has had his home raided as part of a wideranging Victoria Police investigation.

Police successfully executed a search warrant for the AFL great’s property in Port Melbourne on Friday, foxsports.com.au can reveal.

It’s believed police spent several hours at Thompson’s home, from 9.30am stretching into the afternoon.

Victoria Police confirmed to foxsports.com.au they searched a property owned by a 54-year-old man on Friday January 5. It’s understood that man is Bombers’ premiership captain Thompson.

Officials would not reveal what the purpose of their search was.

Victoria Police said no charges have been laid following the raid and Thompson did not return calls when contacted by foxsports.com.au.

Thompson’s current whereabouts is unknown.

Last March Thompson pocketed $7 million after selling his stake in a farming property at Armstrong Creek.

In April, Thompson conceded the Essendon drug saga will “probably end up killing” him following the breakdown of his marriage to his second wife Jana.

Thompson, who was Bombers’ assistant coach at the time, and later replaced James Hird at the helm, was fined $30,000 for his role in the saga.

“It just sits in my guts and churns and it still does and it’s going to probably end up killing me because I can’t let it go,” Thompson said at a Law Institute of Victoria event on drugs in sport.
“People tell me I’ve got to let it go, but I can’t.

“I don’t like the game anymore, I don’t want to work in the AFL system, I don’t want to associate with people. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.”

Thompson played 202 matches for Essendon from 1983 to 1996, winning three premierships with the club under Kevin Sheedy’s coaching.

He coached Geelong for 260 matches from 2000 to 2010, before leading Essendon in the 2014 season.

Please don’t speculate as to what it was about. I have deleted two responses. I will start to suspend accounts if it continues.

11 Likes

Police, raid. Police.

Drink

7 Likes

hahaha, quoting somebody else articles shouldn 't count, or should it?

FKG LOL

only bit about geelong is a throw-away line.

10 Likes

Essendon great, no Geelong Premiership winning coach?

17 Likes

Essendon gets clicks.

Also the AFL probably wants to distance itself from any potential scandal involving premierships.

Also, Days without an Essendon scandal 0.

3 Likes

Just saw the 7 news excerpt. Named him Essendon Great, and all pictures of him in Bombers gear, not one association or mention of Geelong.

This somewhat angered me.

14 Likes

Interestingly, The Age opens up their story with “Former Geelong premiership coach”

Enemies become friends

13 Likes

Never be angered by relevance.

2 Likes

FKING jebus. Let it end, pls.

1 Like

It never will.

1 Like

First thing I noticed.

Yep and it ain’t behind a paywall, bet if it was any other team it would be.

3 Likes

I blame Hird.

1 Like

Mmmmmm hmmmmmm

2 Likes

I’m afraid you’re going to have a very long walk to get to the end of that particular queue.