Bomberblitz 3.0 Skins

Fantastic work Riolio! Thanks for all your efforts!  :)

Thank you Mr Rolo, your hard work is very much appreciated.

Posts 22 & 23 appear to be at odds with post 21.

I like it, i think its the ducks nuts

I like it, too.

I personally preferred the menu at the top, rather than the current arrangement. Feels like everything has been squashed over to the right to fit the menu in. Might be better if the forum part of the page was made wider, or if you brought it to the centre of the screen.

I appreciate all the work you're putting in though, Riolio!

I personally preferred the menu at the top, rather than the current arrangement. Feels like everything has been squashed over to the right to fit the menu in. Might be better if the forum part of the page was made wider, or if you brought it to the centre of the screen.

+1

agreed, prefer the menu at the top.  But very appreciative of all the hard work involved

I had to revert back to the IP.board skin.

Just not likening the thing to the left. If it was on the right, then that would help. I now see why it is on the left as it does remind people of Facebook .

I usually just browse through the new content, so having the menu on the left, then another menu on the left hand side that cannot be hidden takes up half the screen space.

Have to say, I like it better than before. The notifications thing is great.

Banner in left rocks for anyone who views the forum through the new content button.

No more scrolling back to the top after every new post.

Looks crazy good on iPad

The content area on the old version leaves you with 20-30 words per line. WAY too much for actually comfortable onscreen reading.

Putting the sidebar on the left only consumes 150px but reduces vertical height for smaller screens and actually pushes the content closer to a comfortably readable width.

It looks different to what your used to but it’s actually better.

If you must, the old style skin is available to you. But note it will receive no further updates.

The content area on the old version leaves you with 20-30 words per line. WAY too much for actually comfortable onscreen reading.
Putting the sidebar on the left only consumes 150px but reduces vertical height for smaller screens and actually pushes the content closer to a comfortably readable width.
It looks different to what your used to but it's actually better.
If you must, the old style skin is available to you. But note it will receive no further updates.

Fair enough. I would prefer a bit more screen space to be utilised by the content area, but can understand how keeping it narrow makes it easier for people tor read.

Would it be possible to shift the content area 75px to the left so that it remains in the centre of the screen? Or maybe even a bit further? With both the sidebar and the avatar area, a good 80% of the actual post content is to the right-hand side of the screen, which I find a bit uncomfortable considering I am very much used to reading from my left (not just on Blitz, but pretty much everywhere).

My brain is too stupid to remember the New Content link is on the left until i've already scrolled all the way up the top.

My brain is too stupid to remember the New Content link is on the left until i've already scrolled all the way up the top.

:lol: I keep trying to scroll up because I can't see the banner at the top.

I quite like the sidebar though, contrary to what I said in my original post. It's handy having all those links within easy reach at all times. I think it's more the fact that everything else is way to the right that bothers me.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the white area actually stretches to a width WIDER than the original skin did. So you can still be satiated if you’re using the new skin but want a wide content area.

Kozza the white area is centered so pushing it either direction would make it look weirder.

Also yes I’m going to go full designer tantrum in this thread

One thing I forgot to mention is that the white area actually stretches to a width WIDER than the original skin did. So you can still be satiated if you're using the new skin but want a wide content area.
Kozza the white area is centered so pushing it either direction would make it look weirder.
Also yes I'm going to go full designer tantrum in this thread

:lol: Sorry, but I guessed that as you started this thread, you wanted people's opinions!

Maybe the sidebar could go on the right instead of the left?

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to find a way to quickly navigate to the last page of a thread (or any page within a thread) when on mobile. I can only manually go from one page to the next. Am I missing something?

Everything is crossed out

That's better. Hi it's Vinnie here. My old name sucked. But all those 20,000 + posts mean nothing now.