Bomberblitz Live Reaction Cast

I’d be more than happy to give this a go again next year.

I think for a debut we did well, and if done again can only be better

1 Like

For the debut cast I didn’t want to push the boundary to much. Next time we will aim to actively “call” a little more

The temptation was there to actually call the game, at its full potential it could be a Roy and H.G. Type affair. Just not as funny. Or well produced. Or listened to. Or legal.

7 Likes

That’s a shame about the ‘calling’ rules. Maybe Barnz is on to something?

You might have something there

Either way the three of you provided some good insights and seemed to have a good rapport. It’s worth persevering with.

2 Likes

A condensed version of this could be to just get reactions before the game, at the breaks, and after the game.

It would be interesting to hear the change in tone from one break to the next after a really good / bad quarter.

It’s a pretty tough gig to talk through a whole game and not be able to actually call it.

3 Likes

I thought you weren’t allowed to listen due to the leanings of your hair?

1 Like

I think this guy has you all beat for no matter what you attempt. Sorry.

If it were in that format with the biggest Essington moments, the contentious umpire fkn ■■■■ ■■■■ call of the day then it would be a good watch. Thats probably a lot more effort to setup though.

How did you refrain from swearing?

2 Likes

Great idea @scotty21
I don’t think it helped that you managed to get a stinker of a game, with few highlights other than BBB and Irish’s goal. Banter was good, liked the kid in the background getting excited too :joy:. Needed a useless stats and facts man, to fill in some of the quiet times. Definitely has potential.

He tried not to think of Clinton Jones

2 Likes

It also helped that the game was nothing much to get excited about. The exciting bits were all positive.

1 Like

Well worth persisting with gents. I enjoyed it.

Some comments :

Had awful trouble syncing the first quarter. For whatever reason, your call seemed to keep over-taking the video. Do not know if this is my issue or not.

If you do it again, it does need to have some sort of “call” going on. If there is some sort of line you can’t cross, then just move closer to it. You need to do this to get the build-up of excitement rather than just the comments at the end. It will also help fill in the dead air. Having stated that, it’ll make not talking over each other more difficult.

Cheers.

FCFC
■■■■ off SOS
Terry Wally is a douche!