Bombers Bite Back

Why did we need a new coach again?

What am I going to do with the grey piece of crap now? File it in the scarf box I guess.
  1. Why did you buy it in the first place?
  2. Now it really is a ā€œHeritageā€ jumper.

I got a $60 Bomber shop voucher for signing up with Red Energy so I had to spend it on something.

The fat sash is poxy.

Just give us something predominantly red with a black stripe of some sort and be done with it. The one in this thread is ok.

In fact why canā€™t they put a few options to members as part of the AGM voting, that way there is some buy in from the majority of people (if you donā€™t vote donā€™t complain) and hopefully we never have to revisit this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  again.

http://i.imgur.com/qkGBBeS.png

I will be outraged if itā€™s not that

I like the fat red stripe. Stuff the sash, itā€™s not 1890 and weā€™re running around with a ribbon hanging over our shoulder wearing hi-top steel capped boots.

Prepare to be outraged.

again ā€¦

looks good but would look better with Black shorts.

Better still with white shorts

There will be no red shorts.

Itā€™s heresy I know, but I actually liked the grey. Assuming we couldnā€™t have the proper jumper

Prepare to be outraged.

again ā€¦

Blitzā€™s slogan

Those are okay, but theyā€™re pretty much useless against Melbourne and St. Kilda, two teams we supposedly ā€œclashā€ with. Wouldnā€™t it make more sense for us to have less red when we played those sides?

It's heresy I know, but I actually liked the grey. Assuming we couldn't have the proper jumper

Whereā€™s the ā€œHATEā€ button?

Those are okay, but they're pretty much useless against Melbourne and St. Kilda, two teams we supposedly "clash" with. Wouldn't it make more sense for us to have less red when we played those sides?

Not having a go at you. But anyone who cannot see the difference between something like the red strip above & the traditional Melb or St K strip, has real eyesight issues. The supposed ā€œproblemā€ is the predominately dark colour with a splash of red in all three traditional tops. And the AFLā€™s stubbornness originally with the whole red is a dark colour thing.

Of course the way those particular teams keep changing/selling their own jumpers even when it is their home game, if they want to do something different, give us a yell a few days before the game and we will gladly run out in our traditional strip.

Thatā€™s something the AFL could be constructive about, force teams to wear their regular tops at home games, no variations.

Thatā€™s the best thing Iā€™ve seen this year. I can take an all red with black stripe but please let us wear black shorts. Red shorts just look weak and ridiculous. Like that sentence

Which is why you read to the end of the thread. Sweet mercy

Boooo! love the red shorts

Outrage!

It's heresy I know, but I actually liked the grey. Assuming we couldn't have the proper jumper

And hereā€™s me thinking I was the only one who liked the grey. Even bought one. Wear it to all away games.

And hereā€™s me thinking I was the only one who liked the grey. Even bought one. Wear it to all away games.

I really liked it in person, up close its great.

On TV or from a distance howeverā€¦

Those are okay, but they're pretty much useless against Melbourne and St. Kilda, two teams we supposedly "clash" with. Wouldn't it make more sense for us to have less red when we played those sides?

Not having a go at you. But anyone who cannot see the difference between something like the red strip above & the traditional Melb or St K strip, has real eyesight issues. The supposed ā€œproblemā€ is the predominately dark colour with a splash of red in all three traditional tops. And the AFLā€™s stubbornness originally with the whole red is a dark colour thing.

Of course the way those particular teams keep changing/selling their own jumpers even when it is their home game, if they want to do something different, give us a yell a few days before the game and we will gladly run out in our traditional strip.

Thatā€™s something the AFL could be constructive about, force teams to wear their regular tops at home games, no variations.

I understand. Truth is Iā€™ve never had an issue even when we wore the normal strip. I guess it seems silly that if red is the ā€œproblemā€ colour, then it also seems silly to add more of itā€¦ I guess they think turning us into an entirely red side will solve the problem somehow. I suppose we should just wait and see what kind of nauseating garment they come up with first before the ultimate judgement.

But yeah, if clubs would have just left their damn jumpers alone in the first place, we wouldnā€™t have had this problem. Seems like Melbourneā€™s blue got closer to Carltonā€™s every year.

The AFL loves to invent problems that arenā€™t really there, then overthink the hell out of ā€œsolutionsā€ to said problem, then go half-arsed on it to the point where nobody really knows or understands what the correct protocol is. Pretty typical M.O. of the league really.