Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

No injuries to report according to Woosha in his post match presser.

Said in jest, am sure.

What to do with Hurley? Maybe let someone else like Ridley take the unaccountable distributor role and give the defender a defensive role? Can’t see where to play him because of Dea and Ambrose? ■■■■ me sideways.

2 Likes

I mean if we’re serious about looking towards 2019/20…

1 Like

Did any coaches or players say “we will learn a lot from that victory”? It was the best 4 quarter effort in donkey’s years.

What are you on about the game plan was changed back to the 2017 version that’s why the players were up and about.

I loved Hooker’s speech at the end. Thanking the fans for sticking by them and promising that they are trying to improve.

Also like him saying anything is possible this season.

Hooker is a great leader for our club.

39 Likes

You are far better than me if you can make out any semblance of a gameplan from this season.

Looked to me that its been weeks on weeks of chip sideways.

If you think that was the game plan then you have little faith in the coaches at all.

It as stated on a regular basis that we would be adding defensive layers to the gameplan from last season. Looks like it came to fruition yesterday.

And Tony Jones complaining on C9 about EFC denying supporters feedback from the players.

1 Like

Nah, we will win again next week, mentally we should be up for it still. We might even beat Richmond if the footy gods are willing.

It’s after that, when we start penciling in the wins we need to make finals that we’ll dish up rubbish again.

1 Like

was talking to a mate about this yesterday.

i think we’d need to trade one of hurley or hooker.

Play as a team like this week

I’m amazed at how many people go to the games every week and cannot see what they are trying to do and changes in structure. The game plan this year had been horrendous because they had been trying to compress the field so much that the forwards were being told to move up really high. This was the new defensive structure they had been trying to implement which they stuck to for too long and the players clearly hated.
Within the first 2 minutes of the game i thought thank christ they have dumped that ■■■■ game plan and had forwards holding their structure deeper forward. This allowed for the field to be more opened up and therefore we actually had forwards to kick to this week as opposed to previous weeks where there would be handballing circle work in the backline due to no forward options. Basically it means we can attack and move the ball much quicker but if our forward pressure isn’t on to 100 percent we get scored against very easily too (like last year). So yeh atbakerwasastar describes it best but as he said there were only minor changes needed to last years game plan, not the introduction of the new garbage we had been playing up till round 8.
Thankfully it looks like the dumping of neeld meant the new game plan was thrown out and as i said a few weeks ago in my eyes that was the sole reason for our terrible start to the season.

18 Likes

Stop it!

Could we get tuohy to teach conor how to torp?

Green (?) did a torp from the centre circle yesterday.

Don’t often see that anymore.

He struck it pretty well.

anyone seen smith throw the ball into cuddles face after cuddles tackled him and should’ve been awarded a free.

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear what that penut Wheatley has to say. As I recall he was hoping that we lost to Carlton to see the reaction. Well the reaction was our bombers making his precious kittens look like little ■■■■■■■

8 Likes

they showed a stat in the 3rd quarter for intercept marks til that point.

hooker had as much as 2nd and 3rd combined.

1 Like

Before the Sunday games have been played,

Against top 8 sides 100% win rate

Against sides outside the 8 100% losses