Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

Augers well for the next 2 weeks.

blicavs hair was as ■■■■ as his play.

1 Like

Wheatley actually ended up on the big screen during half time. To say he was stunned would be an understatement.

“No one saw this coming!!!”

He did end it by saying if anyone could come back, it’s the cats, but we all know how that turned out.

1 Like

Interesting to see how we go against GWS. Top 8 side, currently sitting outside of it :thinking:

Intercept possessions

I literally read this post at the same time as the replay got to it!

(8:22 to go in the third: Hooker 12, Henry 7, Kolodjashnij 5, Blicavs 4, TIPPA 4)

Yeah…but…what could we get if we traded him?

What a ■■■■ head, hope it ■■■■■■■ burnt watching those wanks get belted

1 Like

Nope was the game where Josh Kelly deystroyed us because we refused to put a tag on him.

Just watching the game again…the second quarter is giving me tears of joy.

Everyone who said drop Tipper needs to have a good hard look at themselves

Go Bombers

5 Likes

On the injury report, they listed Kelly as 1 week. Does that mean he could possibly play against us?

Given the length of his injury, he should at least come back via reserves? (Hopefully!!).

I say he’s touch and go probably get Deledio back too

Sensational, wasn’t he?

I feel guilty for constantly saying to drop Bags - he proved me wrong yesterday.

But could never bring myself to say drop Walla. Obviously has played through an injury and got through the other side of it. He was fantastic. His delivery to Fantasia on a number of occasions was pin point perfect.

Bags, Walla and Fantasia linked up very well.

2 Likes

Deledio is still a few weeks off, luckily for us.

Regardless of malice, media is clueless anyway: for example, McGuire going with the “Essendon celebrating like it’s 1999” line at three quarter time.

Yeah nah.

3 Likes

I would. I basically think Hooker back = no room for another slowish, large rebounder. Then there’s Zerk, Francis, Brown and Hartley in the 2s; and a Fletcher in the pipeline.

Zero chance of it happening.

Yeah the ■■■■ is with that? One of my schoolmates held onto the bleached tips til about 2006, and it was pretty lame then.

probably watched brooklyn 99 when jake gets sent to florida.

2 Likes

The club is clearly wanting to give the players a rest from Media attention after a month of getting battered.

Probably a good week to do it with all attention dying down after a win.

I have no issues with it. I don’t really need to hear from the players after that performance last night.

4 Likes

I have to put up my hand. After last weeks debacle I bayed for blood and felt coaching panel was to blame. We got what we wanted with Neeld but I’m really not sure that move was responsible for this weeks massive turn around. It would be hard for a lot of people to reconcile the apathetic Essington that lost to Carlton with the hard nosed Essendon unit that killed off Geelong with physicality and intensity of pressure.
It was great to see the team just COMPETE and show desire for the contest. They got around team member for doing the little things. The non existent Essendon midfield beat the Geelong dream team.
It became obvious yesterday that our Back six aren’t that bad, in fact their pretty good when team defense is implemented. For change they werent having their arses hanging out with repeat entries and unpressured opposition midfields delivering candy lace out to their forwards.
The real question is why it took eight weeks for this effort to show up. To tell the truth I’m not really hanging my hopes on yesterdays performance. I will want to see it happen a couple of times more before I feel the club has turned the corner. I was very happy with Wooshers attitude at the press conference as he seemed to signal the same attitude.
If the boys can make yesterdays game the template for the rest of the year then I will be very happy.

3 Likes

really makes you wonder about the creditation of the media analysts?

if those fuckwits watching the game couldn’t see a tactical and strategic change back to last years game plan they’re ■■■■■■■ idiots and @BakerWasAStar should be taking their job.