Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The tackling, pressure, team effort. Everything went right. It looked like the Essendon team we have seen in the pass, like 2000. Now the big question is, can they sustain that effort and not be just a one off effort? The players know they can play super footy, It is a matter of not getting big-headed. One good win doesn’t make a season. What I saw yesterday was very much Richmond-like. A win interstate would be great. GWS will be smarting after a few losses.

It was fantastic to watch. From the first bounce it was clear that the team was switched on, and they didn’t let up until the last 10 minutes of the game.

The only thing that takes a bit of the gloss off it is that after we scored our 9th goal at the 12 minute mark of the second quarter, we only kicked 3 more for the entire game. The good news is that Geelong only scored 5, but three goals in about 60 minutes of football is not going to cut it.

But it was great. Just great. And Worsfold at the presser made it very clear that he was far from satisfied with a single win. Let’s see what we can to against GWS. They’re better at home than away, but they’re soft.

The counterpoint to that is that only poor goal kicking prevented us kicking another 4 or 5. We kept creating chances. I was majorly stressed during the third because until Fanta kicked that late one, I felt we were leaving the door wide open despite controlling play.

2 Likes

pretty ■■■■ win eh guys?

couldn’t even crack the ton.

I reckon Sheeds is happy with this new No 5. I think he may have a soft spot for the young lad. Drafted him to GWS, picked him in their first AFL game and has nothing but good things to say about the young fella.

His enthusiasm and pressure on the ball is immense. He is very quick to get around the players after they kick a goal or put in the hard yards. and loves a good celebration. Great pick up by the club.

49 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a live footy game that much. Going off my head surrounded by Geelong supporters. One of them kept staring at me, thought he was gonna belt me so I did what any decent bloke would do and layed it on even thicker.

26 Likes

Get a new mate?

3 Likes

Dustan Fletcher! Unless if course you need them to understand one another, then Touhy.

3 Likes

It really is amazing what bringing some youth into the side along with effort and commitment can do.

We looked liked a different team. No changes, nobody should get dropped after that effort yesterday

Please do not let this become another false dawn

can we ever just win without the media ■■■■■■■ us
■■■■ off

2 Likes

Man, this could only happen to us.

1 Like

Unbelievable that we almost lost from 8 goals up at 3 quarter time.

1 Like

Reckon Sheeds told Dodoro to get this guy too

Love having Sheeds back at the club

1 Like

Pretty sure the head-count & score reset rule got changed a few years ago??

2 Likes

Loved the tap on from Bags to Tippa that led to Razs goal early second quarter
His second effort against 2 x Cats immense !!

4 Likes

And their pay!!!

I thought it meant a 50 metre penalty , not the scores wiped out

That was my impression too. Changed a while back.

3 Likes

Understandable as a rural footy deterrent. Seems a bit overkill in a televised game but its not a mistake we should be making.

Losing points for the quarter would make most sense, IMO.