BomberTV

Anyone else notice they’ve removed Jobe, Fletch and Dyson from the Bomber TV intros and replaced them with non-saga related players?

Had to happen I suppose.

Had to happen. They’ll be back. Good to see Robert Shaw will be getting a weekly slot on BomberTV I thought, always liked him.

Really wish whoever is in charge of BomberTV was more proactive with YouTube. They just uploaded the Friday Footy Panel episode from last week an hour ago.

1 Like

I’ve heard this a few times now, but can’t really u/stand why it’s a big issue.

Can some people not watch it on our site for some reason?

If you’ve not noticed the difference between loading a video from a Telstra website vs YouTube I can’t help you.

4 Likes

I don’t need help, I have zero problems with loading videos from our site thus far,… or d/l ing them for later viewing.

I don’t know why you barnz and a few others have trouble with it, . so it’s I who can’t help here it seems … :confused:

Buffering…

FWIW, EFC site videos don’t play on my Mac Safari. Possibly because I have AdBlock etc active.

240P

adhd whether its gonna be HD or SD.

Running the same set up Dave. It’s not adblock, just checked my custom filter list and the efc isn’t on there. But it is likely to be a add-on problem. Have you got “click to flash” installed? I removed it because it would cause player issues on other sites.

I do also, but you can make exceptions.

My experience is that it is a ■■■■■■ embedded video system that seems to take forever to load if you have slow interweb speeds, but I am sure some of you guys have NBN so I doubt that is the only thing wrong with it.

Which sucks even more because it is Telstra and I have an interweb connection through them. YouTube opens and plays instantly, BomberTV on Telstra sometimes leave me wondering if I need to reload the page as nothing has happened for 10 - 20 secs or longer! Also found that I can’t click “open in a new tab” and it will load in the background. I have to have the tab active for the video to load. WTF?

Accepting this is the real reason why we have been a poor club for the past forever!!!

Also, keyboard controls don’t work.

Since we have two threads currently discussing the same thing, I’l repeat myself:

OK, I bothered to check, and Ghostery was blocking the EFC videos.

I allow ‘Ooyala Player’ to run (but not the other 8 pieces of crap being quietly served up), and it works.

I am liking the new video player that BomberTV are using. Works sooo much quicker for me on a slow connection.

Well done, EFC.

2 Likes

Yep, came here to say the same.
Thanks for listening, EFC!

1 Like

Nice work on the new intro! Joey selling candy, hi ho Orazio and Walla magic on ANZAC Day.

Also great to see the videos being put up on to YouTube within the day.

Thanks for continuing to improve this. We interstate tragics are extremely grateful.

2 Likes

I like the the new intro highlight, ending with Walla’s goal of the year against Hartlett, even better.

Another great episode of Friday Footy Panel. So bummed we never got to see big Teddy really fly up, up at Essendon. Good on him for going on to be a star somewhere else. Sounds like a nice bloke.

Jools, please stop rubbing your hands together every time you ask a question. It is disturbing.

WHY IS THE FARKING SMITHS CHIPS AD SO FARKING LOUD!!!

I have to turn it down so low to stop it blasting out my speakers that when the video comes on I can’t hear it.