BOOMERS EXPLODE on The Philippines, and take a few OUT!

Ok, so this is weird. According to the Philippines coach their reaction to Kickett’s elbow (which was brutal and deserves a severe penalty) was warranted because:

• the Boomers had dissed their sponsor by removing some floor stickers without permission for a practice session (because they were slippery); and
  • Kickett had apparently assaulted multiple Philippines players during the warm-up.

Bizarre.

Surely there would have been footage of the warm-up to prove or disprove the accusations?

2 Likes

Reckon Kickett would like his time again

2 Likes

Here’s the footage

Realistically, I bet this supposed warm-up argy-bargy was just before the cameras went on?

6 Likes
1 Like

I would have expected their court to be a rice field

Wow. That is just crazy footage.

Those that watched the game say the Phillipines were baiting us all game and Goulding had copped an elbow to the head only 2 minutes before which was not checked by the ref.

We played a part that would have been dealt with by the the on-court officials.
That’s were it should have stayed.

I’m not sure that Kikert would have known how much of a flop was involved but he would have been rightfully booted from the game.

The initial cause doesn’t justify what ensued.

1 Like

Wot? Weren’t you calling out someone for racism the other day?

Yeah, but that’s ok because, well…I don’t know.

And if they are going to act like bafoons they deserve everything they get (punishment from FIBA) That’s plain thuggery and bordering on assault. One aussie player had up to 20 blokes punching and kicking him.

The second comment isnt trying to justify the first comment by the way. First comment was not funny at all

Having recently spent a day working in the Philippines I can assure you that the carry on was just a cross over from what their roads are like. Without doubt the traffic around Manila is some of the worst in the world. It took me 5 hours to travel 100kms as the crow flies.

SL is like that but their people are so well mannered its not funny. The island of the happy people

2 Likes

I never said the initial cause justified what ensued.

Kikert ignited it though. It was a brutal unwarranted and callous attack. Sometimes I get sick of Aussies always claiming how hard done by they are or how it is out of character. Kikert started it all and he should be held responsible.

2 Likes

Talking about Australia’s unsportsmanlike behaviour during the match is a seperate issue.

Players should never ever be assaulted by the general public, stadium sercurity, opposition coaches or the opposition bench players.

Have a look at the Australian bench while their team mates are getting mauled on the ground by 20-30 people. They are getting held back by the Australian coaches.

Yes, let’s have a discussion about Australia’s unsportsmanlike behaviour… but don’t let that get mixed up with the unacceptable assaults and king hits from Phillipine audience members, stadium sercurity, & coaching staff.

17 Likes

Sorry, … but wut?

The Filipino dude first elbows our bloke in the head on purpose while ostensibly shooting, … then when our bloke stands forward to guard him straight away without a backstep, he hip and shoulders him to the face again and drops him to the floor.

Kikert then rightfully remonstrates, but unfortunately (now for him) he raises the forearm and cops him to the head,… which he probably felt was justified, as he’d been in a perfect position to see his mate get hit in the head, … so was responding in kind.

Have you watched ALL the clip in the OP??

Closely?

2 Likes

Totally agree here. Kickert thought Goulding had been hit in the face, and retaliated as such. Probably got him a bit more flush than required… and should have got ejected and a ban. Happens in sport all the time, not great but normal.

Players coming off the bench and coward punching players, officials and FANS joining to kick and punch players, let along throw a ■■■■■■■ chair, is enough for that debacle of a team be kicked out of the whole qualifications in my opinion. Anyone saying its Kickert’s fault needs to pull their head in, he was involved and partly responsible but things like that happen all the time.

4 Likes

When Baguley gets hit by Goldstein late, at the half-time siren. Hurley and Ambrose go in to remonstrated. The North Melbourne players respond…

Is it justified for the Essendon bench, our coaching and support staff to run onto the ground and start throwing punches?

Its then acceptable for the sercurity to join in, then for Essendon supporters to jump the fence and start king hitting players.

But of course, it’s justified because Goldstein was in the wrong.
Please…

6 Likes

I think it’s pretty difficult to defend Kickert’s actions but what ensued is unforgivable. Check out this footage of a Boomer being set upon by 10+ court-side officials.

1 Like

that is ■■■■■■ up.

1 Like