Bourke Street Part Deux

I find it hard to see this bloke as a terrorist.

Definitely mentally unstable and not very smart, not organised, poorly planned and as an act of terror was not defined with a motive or cause.

He probably deserved to die for his killing of an innocent bystander, but surely an act of a deranged mind and not a planned act of terror.

3 Likes

Surely you could say the same thing about a number of terrorists.
You could definitely say the same thing about pipe bomb guy in U.S.

Probably means the label is wrong

1 Like

Filling up the car with gas cylinders isn’t planning? Terrorist & mentally unstable are in no way mutually exclusive. I’d suggest every single person who has actually carried out any type of terrorist or planned attack on random victims is mentally unstable.

All terrorists are mentally ill.

He was just more unorganised and under-funded than the others.

1 Like

If he had left the valves closed they would have exploded.

Gee I tell you what though I feel so safe when Daniel Andrews steps in front of the camera and reassures us were safe. I mean the hide of people to suggest he is taking political advantage of a crisis situation. He wouldn’t at all be rubbing his hands together thanking God that this took place in an Election time.

Unorganised, not actually connected to or controlled by ISIS or any other recognised terrorist group is far more likely to be a danger than the idea of a Bond style organised attack. Of course ISIS will claim responsibility for this & any attack they can but I don’t really believe they are in any way a functional part of this, the previous Bourke street incident or the Lindt cafe attacks. They are more like an ideal or inspiration for mentally ill who believe in a long dead pedo warlord.

1 Like

I fell out of bed the other day. Miracle I’m still here.

1 Like

Bit the same as saying anyone who commits a crime is mentally ill.

Having no regard for the life of others and using death and destruction to create terror for a political or ideological agenda is not confined to those with mental health issues.

Taking on Police with a knife when they have guns would qualify.

2 Likes

To those ripping into Shorten, I think he has been going to that cafe for many years and has a bit of a personal connection.

2 Likes

He never should have brung it

I don’t think everyone who wants these types of attacks to occur or supports the ideologies that drive them are suffering mental illness but I think you cross that line when you actually decide to perpetuate these types of attacks yourself. Sane minds combined with a political motivation to cause death is when you get really organised & successful attacks but even then its more often than not the mentally weak members who carry out the actual deeds not the “masterminds.” Look for example at the Bali Bombing, I don’t believe everyone involved was mentally ill but the guys like Samudra were low intelligence pawns.

He’s not really. I live in Abbotsford and the Apex gang rent an apartment in the building across the road WEEKLY. They smash bottles, steal bikes, beat each other up and break into people’s apartments all the time. I’ve called the Richmond police at least ten times in the last 18 months on them and they won’t turn up unless they have 3 cars. They HATE them.
Ambulances across the road are a weekly occurrence. I can’t go home via my main entrance on a weekend incase those flogs are in the street doing their “thing”. And if people want to argue I have that many videos of those pelicans it’s not funny. At least my cat gets entertained.
Shamrock street in Abbotsford, come one down :v:

1 Like

Good to see my taxes are going to some Clarke Kent’s opinion piece…
Also it’s one of the worst pieces of literature ever assembled. It actually compares people that have been killed by the police “lawfully or unlawfully” over the last ten years! Jesus Christ.
I hope that authors Johnson rots off like a war wound

rabble rabble rabble.
It just that it gets blown up, pardon pun, into biblical proportions

Share that graphic with the dead mans family…

I can’t help but laugh at the fact this guy wasn’t allowed to travel overseas to fight yet was allowed to stay here and do whatever he wanted. Surely if you’re worry about someone going overseas to fight you send him there in a leaky rowboat. Because that didn’t happen a man who worked his guts out and built his business up from scratch is dead.

1 Like

If they are allowed to leave Australia to join a terrorist orgnaisation, get trained in weaponry and warfare, establish networks and get further rsdicalised, better to keep them here.
There has been a strong success rate in preventing attacks within Australia, particularly in regard to group actions.
The death and injuries ( including to some cops) are sad, but this was not a massacre and illustrates that our forces ( including the cops on the beat in this case) are well equipped to respond to such actions. We can rely on intelligence and preventive measures to forestall sophisticated terrorist acts.

2 Likes

I went to Dandy High and I am not in jail, at the moment.

5 Likes

“Gone, gone form of a man, Arise the demon Trolleyman”

2 Likes