Bourke Street Part Deux

Reports say 4:20pm

2 Likes

I would’ve shot him earlier, so yes.
But then I don’t care for “shoot at a last resort” policy the Government has.

1 Like

Nangers and his mate with the shopping trolley doesn’t give you the slightest clue why they maybe didn’t start shooting?

2 Likes

Those coppers dealt with it in an extremely level headed manner in the circumstances. They need to take into consideration civilians around them before taking a shot, possibility he may have explosives and IF it is a terrorist attack, it’s better taking him alive so he can be interrogated. The bloke deserves to die but those coppers did everything right

How long till Guy makes this an election issue? I say <24 hours

11 Likes

If he’s got explosives then shoot him immediately rather than hit him with a boton…

They dealt with it they way they’re allowed to. They way they’re allowed to is wrong. We need 80’s Victoria Police mentality, not 2018.

3 Likes

If he was out on parole then it will become an election issue.

1 Like

It should be! The police should be allowed to shoot the guy immediately, the current direction just puts Police in even more danger than they already are.

3 Likes

Police are calling for people who have filmed the incident to pass the clips on to them via Facebook They can be a valuable resource of evidence and may also illustrate to the public the actions taken by the police and emergency services.

3 Likes

We do not want to turn into America on this issue, a shoot first and ask questions later policy is bad. The police should be commended for doing everything they could to detain him without shooting him.

14 Likes

The incredibly brave policemen have only made 1 mistake tonight.

They needed to finish this appalling cowardly criminal when he was lying on the ground.

Do society a favour

Ignore him. He always posts this brainless tough guy stuff.

1 Like

I actually do want that.
We don’t have the gun culture they do so the accidental shootings wouldn’t be an issue. A dead criminal saves us tax payer money that can go to rehousing the homeless

I thought they handled it very well, shot when they felt they were on real danger.

Would have loved for them to sneak in a couple boots to the head as he laid on the ground but credit to them

All the clips I’ve seen show them interacting for what, 45-50 seconds before they fire shots?!

Sounds like they did everything right. Tried to subdue him without lethal force, only for a small period of time, then drop the guy. Perfect. Anyone who thinks that’s unacceptable is, and I mean this with total disrespect, a complete idiot.

15 Likes

It’s not tough guy stuff, it’s just common sense.

But then you were a carnie right?

Bullshit. We should make them bleed first, not kill them. Imagine the pain he is in at the moment with a bullet wound to the guts? He is probably begging to be let go and into the ridiculous afterlife he believes in, but he is in alot of pain at the moment, or will be when the morphine wears off

Diminished capacity he was on ice let him go.

You are very misguided.

1 Like

Police are protectors, not lynch mobs.
And I want this guy to live with what he’s done.

3 Likes