Bourke Street Part Deux

There was also a second person arrested about an hour later closer to Elizabeth and Bourke. He was shouting nonsense at the cops for a good 20 seconds until they decided to tackle him to the ground and arrest him. Men in black body armour with subbies rocked up a second or two later and assisted.

Yes. A long time ago. And youā€™re point is?

1 Like

Also can anyone confirm was that guy with the shopping trolley an off duty cop or civilian?

Imagine if one of the police officers had of been struck with the trolley and fallen over, then stabbed.

Iā€™m not. I just believe that money could be spent in far better areas.
But then you can continue to believe in rehabilitating the evil and ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  money away to house the homelessā€¦

Iā€™m honestly all for keeping people like this in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives. If it cost me a dollar in taxes then thatā€™s money well spent

1 Like

Trolley guy looked like he was in a Goodies sketch.

Iā€™m shocked at how people reacted to this situation but then again itā€™s easy to judge as humans tend to react to others behaviours around them autonomously. If a couple individuals started running from the scene, most of them would follow.

Wow.
Someoneā€™s som, maybe someoneā€™s brother, uncle, maybe even father.

I think SAJUā€™s point is always the same.

Why didnā€™t he try being more rich?

Who cares? The guy blew up a car and killed someone!
Jesus Christ youā€™re a moron :joy:

Glad to hear you would take a bullet as an innocent bystander for the rest of us.

2 Likes

Yea, someoneā€™s brother, husband ect who killed an innocent person. Whatā€™s your point? This piece of ā– ā– ā– ā–  deserves to die a slow and painful death

2 Likes

Quite possibly unrelated, I remember the last Bourke St thing all the wallopers were on a hair trigger (understandably) and they arrested a complete random just for speeding through the area.
The CBD always has a fair assortment of oddballs at the best of times.

1 Like

Probably best not to judge the actions of those who took on old mate. It will be some time until their reasons become knowledge. Suffice to say that they have saved lives and old mate is no longer a threat.

They care. Thatā€™s the point. Shooting him doesnā€™t punish him, it punishes them.

1 Like

If the guy had explosives then the police would need to be wary of dead man triggers which is another reason why the ā€œshoot firstā€ approach may not be the best one.

If police went around shooting at the first sign of aggression, as you suggest, then they would be put in further jeopardy as criminals would apply the same tactic.

Thankfully we donā€™t live in the States and this nut job didnā€™t have access to semi autos; I fully expect bourke Street to be closed off properly this time and I expect Guy to blame Andrews for not securing properly.

2 Likes

Yep, brilliant.

KABOOM.

Or a hipshot to the headā€¦like in the movies right?

Iā€™m sure they would have fired earlier when the offender rushed the two officers initially, but for the dozens of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  morons standing 15 meters away filming it for their instagram and the misguided idiots attempting to ā€œhelpā€ trained police officers, getting in the way, attributing to the confusion and essentially adding to the moving targets. Clearly firing when he saw his partner in trouble and had no choice but take the risk.

Itā€™s time the authorities educate the public in these situations not be heroes, so the police can do their jobs.

6 Likes

I genuinely think youā€™re trolling here. You canā€™t possibly be serious!!

2 Likes

You think shooting someone is like Call of Duty? Pop the guy, have a few beers, go to bed, do it all again the next day?

2 Likes

We have funky pop up bollards on the coast they go up and down quick enough.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/high-impact-bollards-to-protect-pedestrians-in-surfers-paradise-from-high-speed-vehicles/news-story/0e436b74ecc7d5d7dbc6cc129eb805e3

1 Like

Witty one liner to the blonde.

1 Like