Bourke Street Part Deux

What a piece of ■■■■ ■■■■

Any indication if it was intentional?

Clearly intentional

HS saying the driver appeared to be affected by drugs

1 Like

That’s what every dog who commits a crime says
Should get into more strife for being on drugs and committing a crime. Instead, they do the opposite here

7 Likes

I agree. Being drunk/stoned makes it worse, not better.

3 Likes

I walked through that intersection about an hour before it happened.

Crikey.

3 Likes

The first pedestrians hit at the tram stop were minor injuries which suggests not a planned terror incident, otherwise the initial victims would likely be fatalities

2 Likes

Must be an eerie feeling. Hope you’re alright.

I agree with those above. Being drunk/high only makes it worse. Someone has died due to someone else’s selfish, ■■■■■■■■ choices.

4 Likes

I also agree. Being out of it on some form of drug is used in courts as an excuse, whereas l believe drugs should not be used as an extenuating circumstance to draw a lighter sentence. The opposite should apply. TV footage of the incident showed the driver being led away by the police, and yes he looked completely out of it. The death of someone in such circumstances should be treated as murder.

4 Likes

Maybe raised an excuse, but it doesn’t deliver acquittal or a lighter sentence. Depending on the gravity of the offence, it may be compulsory rehab and testing as an alternative to custodial. Break the conditions and it’s go to jail.

2 Likes

Are you sure about that? I am not convinced at all, that this is the case.

1 Like

What was the sentence for the truck driver who crashed into and killed the cops on the freeway? Zero remission for being on drugs.

It makes vehicular homicide culpable driving rather than negligent driving, which attracts much higher penalties.

But being under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol should NEVER be regarded as any sort of excuse. Should add a good 10 years onto the sentence.

2 Likes

7 news running with a woe is us for business owners.

God, what a bunch of idiots. Probably the same morons demanding the gov remove wfh for all public servants because “waaah, now my cafe is not making enough money”. Move your farking cafe somewhere else then, you entitled fwits.

3 Likes

walked past a few of those cookers a couple of hours ago in home made body armour

it’s like a homebrand Jan 6 mentality

I do have concerns in general for the CBD, and what it means for Melbourne as a whole, tourism etc. Entitled Fwits is a bit harsh and is a rock that can be thrown in literally every direction.

But I’m not sure how someone can think such an event is a good opportunity to raise it as an issue.

1 Like

I dropped one at a protest not last Easter but the one before. Luckily wasn’t caught on camera but was slightly concerned for a bit there.

Good times.

1 Like