Boxing Thread

They both look like they’re taking it pretty seriously as they’re in good shape. KSI looks like he may be harder to handle than Paul but I don’t know much about either fighter.

Cruiserweight, hey? Takes me back to when Dave ‘The Destroyer’ Russell was boxing. ‘Twas a scary dude. Worked as a bouncer at the Manhattan & was not one to be messed with.

Logan Paul has a great, excellent jab but gassed after 2 Rounds last time. Think KSI might start hot.

Paul has an excellent jab but got gassed very quickly last time. KSI was sloppy with little style but his endurance meant he should have won the first fight (majority draw). Anything could happen here.

The circus is in town. Hall vs Gallen.

I hope Hall flogs him but Gallen is no slouch for an ex footy player

There’s also a title fight on. Not that the promotion has focussed on that

My boxing claim to fame is definitely that I used to spar (or more accurately get used as a moving bag) by 2 fighters on this card.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to fight B Hall.

2 Likes

Think Gallen will win in a decision.
Hall’s lack of fight experience starting to work against him.

A draw.

1 Like

Surprisingly high calibre fight, thought Hall landed the better punches but Gallen pressed for most.

Hall my winner. Imagine him at 25 and fighting fit, clearly has plenty of ability.

3 Likes

Hall missing that ring fitness that Gallen has. Remember, Gallen was still playing league this year, hall hasn’t played for quite a while.

1 Like

B Hall with a couple of fights under his belt would be very hard to handle, even at 42. Gallen will find it a lot tougher next time, if they go around again. Hall has stated that he’s not sure he can put in the time required to do this on a regular basis with a young family but if the SBW payday that was being suggested is even half real, I reckon he’d find the motivation to go around a couple more times. Credit to both of them.

Funny things have happened in boxing over the last week. Non-pros have been getting all the publicity and some rusted on boxing fans don’t like it. I reckon it’s great. Brings new eyes to the sport. Like how Fury has been belting some guys in the WWE. It’s great. And if Fury and the MMA bloke can come to terms, that will be one of the most watched events in 2020. Even in an Olympic year.

1 Like

Gallen raised that point as well.
If a few more thousand get to watch the likes of the Moloney twins surely that’s good for boxing in the long run?

1 Like

Moloney is having some kind of fight at the moment. Absolute war.

1 Like

Comment on the fight and they stop it. Dharry some kind of boxer himself. Great fight just a pity to end the way it did, but kudos to the ref and doc, that right eye was fully closed.

1 Like

Yep.

Most footy player fights are a complete joke, this looked like two boxers.

Seek out Inoue V Donaire if you haven’t already. 12x rounds of warfare. Rnd 11 was unbelievable. People rightly mention V Lomachenko as the current #1 pound for pound fighter but N Inoue must be considered in the discussion. What a star.

Wilder V Ortiz II is about to start.

In what some nincompoops will consider an omen, D Wilder’s younger brother Marcellus got ko’d late in his cruiserwight bout after controlling most of the fight.

Because I’m no superstitious boxhead, I’m tipping the Bronze Bomber to go 41-0-1 with an 8th round knockout victory over King Kong.

If the fight is anything like the last one it should be a classic.