Boxing Thread

He also outmoved Wilder, for a tall, fat man.

1 Like

But didn’t hurt him. At all.

JWP vs. Mundine is happening. They’re both well past their prime, but, I’m still very interested in this fight. Mundine has better boxing skills, but IMO his natural athleticism, sharp reflexes, etc. have faded significantly; JWP has way more power, but he hasn’t had a boxing fight for a very long time.

Anyway, I suspect most people won’t be interested in this fight. But, I love both of them—they’re my favourite Australian fighters. They both have unorthodox styles and I’ve always wondered who would win. And I also like the Muay Thai hero vs. Boxing villain angle too. I hope they put on an entertaining fight :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Body Snatcher V Oscar Rivas tomorrow. If Whyte gets up, he must be offered a title bout next up.

The Body Snatcher wins by UD, despite a 9th round knockdown. It was a good performance against a pretty good opponent in the previously undefeated Rivas. A go against Wilder is unlikely as he has signed to meet Fury again in Feb/March 2020 so you’d think that his shot for the WBA belt will be against either Ruiz or Joshua depending on who reins supreme in their rematch.

Whyte is a good shot against all of those listed above but less of a shot against The Bronze Bomber because he’s ace.

Is Tszyu V Richie worth me spending
$50 on tonight?

Also Joshua V Ruiz rematch in Saudi Arabia on 7 Dec

Not sure.

I don’t think T Tszyu has done enough to be a main event, let alone a PPV main event. He’s getting by on his name alone because his record although unblemished, isn’t stacked with names you’d recognise. He’s been talking up a Horn bout but Horn rightly palmed him off until he’s beaten someone, then someone else, then maybe.

I think E Hearn is foolish for taking the Saudi’s money whilst overlooking their appalling human rights abuses of recent times and is risking A Joshua’s good standing in the community. I think everyone should stay clear of that place.

1 Like

I think the Saudi’s are trying to gain traction in the boxing world as a destination of choice. They’re more than likely tipping in a fair amount of coin to get it hosted there

No doubt but every sporting body and in fact any decent business or government shouldn’t have anything to do with them until they change the way they go about things. What they’re doing to Yemen and the audacious murder of the Saudi journalist in Turkey are just two examples of their shameful behaviour.

Treat them like the Apartheid era South African government until they come to heel. Money isn’t everything.

1 Like

Diggers plz

Jeff Horn is still acting like Crawford didn’t demolish him. He talks like he is still waiting on big dollar offers from the states

Horn might be revisiting Tszyu’s request. Finished

L Campbell did very well but V Lomachenko is just too good.

1 Like

Just caught the replay. Horn looked outclassed from the start. Should have remained a welterweight.

1 Like

Built a career and made amazing money on being underestimated by Pacquiao

I recall a pre-fight interview with M Pacquiao and he actually didn’t know who J Horn was. His subsequent fights since then proves that you’re never too old to learn from your mistakes if you’re willing. Horn’s career since then proves once again that timing in life is very important.

1 Like

Logan Paul/KSI anyone?

I shouldn’t be interested, but I am.

1 Like

It’s gonna be fun.