Boxing Thread

You bought the PPV?

Nah found a stream for free

oh boy…

Fury outclassing Paul so far, too quick. Although Paul got Round 3

Fury wins 76-73 76-73 74-75 split decision win

Fury beat him comfortably.
Silly knockdown at the end but that was an obvious winner.

Couple of the cards were well wider than I had it.

hilarious that one judge had Paul winning easily with a point deducted. wonder what he got paid.

What did you have it?
Fury won almost every round mate.

I disagree. I had it even.

How ???
Fury landed more then double the punches.
I thought Jake won 2 rounds before the last, which should have been a 10-9 because Fury undoubtedly beat him after the knockdown.

1 Like

Fury threw more but I thought Paul landed the heavier blows. I’m not outraged by the decision, most judges prefer volume and when it’s close and that can can sometimes be the difference.

Agree Jake landed about 3 or 4 heavyish shots,
That doesn’t outweigh the volume of jabs and rights Fury landed imo.

Thing about Jake Paul is this. He has the best people training him, and he does have huge work ethic whether people like him or not. But he boxes like Wilder. Stance wide apart, poor footwork, reaching body shot, predictable shots and the big overhand club that has power (obviously not as much as Wilder).

Watching Fury/Paul it’s clear what the big difference was. Fury had great combinations, quicker on his feet and was faster. Jake needed to work on combinations and a sharper jab, needed to be fast on his feet and I reckon he would have troubled Fury badly. As it was, he had a few moments and a few good shots but wasn’t fast enough and weight of numbers told.

Let’s go Tim!

1 Like

So far after 3 rounds

Harrison won the first round with his jab

Tszyu won round 2 and 3, Harrison rocked in the 3rd

Tim looking to KO Harrison with some big hits

3-2 tszyu, maybe 4-1, depends how much weight the judges give Harrisons jabs

Gotta give that round to Tszyu 4-2 (5-1 possible)

After 7 rounds, I reckon the only round Tszyu has lost is the first