Brad Scott probems to sort out (Part 1)

:thinking:

2 Likes

Rutten/Worsfold pre-game routine:

4 Likes

Well said…exactly!! This is Sheedy style coaching, and its so relieving and refreshing to have finally found a worthy successor to the 27 awesomeness coaching years of the great man coaching this great club.
We’ve got a good one here, and we need not worry about the coach anymore…just like we had through the Sheedy years, when almost everyone else was chopping and changing coaches, we were the only ones that didn’t need to, and i vividly remember thinking about this observation constantly throughout the rise of Essendon from when Sheedy first took the reins. Sheedy was a coach that always extracted and inspired the best out of the team he had available, and Scott will be the same.
The rise of the sleeping giant is just beginning…go Bombers!!!

14 Likes

BIG DAMN WIDE SLONG

3 Likes

I started the chain.

Bit surprising. But no … surely just a bit of “she’s all good…” shaka talk from ol’ Dys.

Then again, might be safe to just ask him to shake his head and make sure at least something’s rattling around up there still.

People have said it a million different ways but I think ultimately it all points back to the soft post saga approach that infected every corner of the club.

thank ■■■■ we are past it now and starting over properly.

4 Likes

Not knowing something like that is straight out of the Woosha/ Truck/ Heppell playbook. Focus on each week, if you lose, who cares, next game. Focus on good times, ignore bad times. Anything which suggests you arent flying is just outside noise not worthy of attention. Its all a process and we dont get caught up on individual results etc etc.

Shambolic. So glad Brad politely informed the players that they had been stinking up the joint for the past 9 ■■■■■■■ years against Richmond. Only someone with a BIG ■■■■ would do that.

13 Likes

i don’t know that we’ve really reflected on this much but the irony/symmetry that the lions ended our last great era and that Scott played on and beat Hird (who to be fair carried a groin injury into the game) in the 2001 GF, and scott had the last kick of that game, and that it’s scott that is now putting the pieces back together after the last decade of disaster and hird’s part in that (big or small or non existent depending who you ask) is kind of spooky frankly.

13 Likes

You’re not wrong Alex
We’re in transition.

We need to leave behind the lost post saga years once and for all.

BDB is the coach we needed years ago.

I hope he drills in the importance of following up this next fortnight with solid wins, and starts to focus the players and coaches heads on FC. And what it means to the club to beat that lot.

I had a few targets I hoped we’d achieve this season.

Anzac Day
Dreamtime
FC
Winning a final.

3 out of 4 would be good. And if we challenged Collingkwood all the way in our last H&A game with a near full list, I’ll take that.

Plenty of work to do these next few years. But it’s happening.

2 Likes

You have way too much time on your hands Ivan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

it’s something that had been floating around in my mind for a while. I admit i did go and watch the highlights of the 01 GF though at some point today (which has actually been fairly busy)

Or decade even.

1 Like

Essendon’s performance in the 2001 prelim against Hawthorn did not inspire me for our prospects in the GF.

4 Likes

Hope he’s got good circulation

indeed, i thought we were pretty cooked early in the 3rd of the GF

2 Likes

A fan on The Sash Podcast’s ‘Hot Takes’ segment called him Big D*ck Brad.

I felt you should know.
Timestamp around 45mins in.

6 Likes

Had to be someone from blitz…

4 Likes

Also, in the same segment, another fan made up a Durham song to FF’s Everlong.
Its actually quite good except for the volume level on the vocal mic.
Timestamp…approx 50 mins

1 Like

I can see Brad now “You guys seriously didn’t realise how much your supporters hate FC ? and it makes them want to puke every time they beat you. Have you ever heard a Carlton supporter talking about the 99 Prelim ? Now go out there and kick their ■■■■■■■ arse.”

That might be more me than Brad but still.

6 Likes