Brand New Bomber

Just a bit of self-indulgence and a plus one to the membership tally - we just arrived home with our brand new baby bomber, a boy: born on Tuesday 11th 4.50pm, 4.7 kg (10 pounds) 55cm. 

This is amazing enough in itself, except that - as I told Carla a few weeks ago - for around 6 months we have been expecting a girl. Two separate scans and two separate doctors assured us that a girl was on the way (they actually pointed out the female parts on the scan) and we prepared with many tiny dresses and various other gender specific items, as well as receiving many gifts for, "Kiki" which we'd nicknamed her in-utero (ie. she kicked a lot.)

All through the labour the midwives, doctors, etc. were asking us if we knew what we were having, and my partner kept coaxing the "little girl" to come on out. It was only when the doctor had placed the little one on to mum's chest and we'd all celebrated the arrival, that she said, in a very matter of fact manner, "um, it's a boy". Sure enough, there was the requisite male equipment. My partner and I just looked at each other and started laughing. This was pretty much the standard response from family and friends as we spread the news, along with "what the fark!"

Anyway, as the measurements indicate he is a very big boy, but more importantly healthy - all that really matters, boy or girl. And once we work out the name - because, of course we'd only considered girl's names - I'll be ringing the EFC membership and signing him (and his cousin, who has just turned one) on for season 2014. In the meantime, I've decided that "Kicky" was just preparing himself to pull on the red and black in a few seasons, finally solving our ruck issues, whilst resting down forward and kicking a bag every second week. 

The Zimmers. 

Congrats Zimmer and Mrs Zimmer.

Your first?

Congrats Zimmer and Mrs Zimmer.

Your first?

Yep mate, our first. 

Wim's a nice name.

Wim Zimmer.

Well done !!

Wow!  Babies are the most delightful of things. Congratulations to you and your wife and a huge welcome to the little lad.

Just a bit of self-indulgence and a plus one to the membership tally - we just arrived home with our brand new baby bomber, a boy: born on Tuesday 11th 4.50pm, 4.7 kg (10 pounds) 55cm. 

This is amazing enough in itself, except that for around 6 months we have been expecting a girl. Two separate scans and two separate doctors assured us that a girl was on the way (they actually pointed out the female parts on the scan) and we prepared with many tiny dresses and various other gender specific items, as well as receiving many gifts for, "Kiki" which we'd nicknamed her in-utero (ie. she kicked a lot.)

All through the labour the midwives, doctors, etc. were asking us if we knew what we were having, and my partner kept coaxing the "little girl" to come on out. It was only when the doctor had placed the little one on to mum's chest and we'd all celebrated the arrival, that she said, in a very matter of fact manner, "um, it's a boy". Sure enough, there was the requisite male equipment. My partner and I just looked at each other and started laughing. This was pretty much the standard response from family and friends as we spread the news, along with "what the fark!"

Anyway, as the measurements indicate he is a very big boy, but more importantly healthy - all that really matters, boy or girl. And once we work out the name - because, of course we'd only considered girl's names - I'll be ringing the EFC membership and signing him (and his cousin, who has just turned one) on for season 2014. In the meantime, I've decided that "Kicky" was just preparing himself to pull on the red and black in a few seasons, finally solving our ruck issues, whilst resting down forward and kicking a bag every second week. 

The Zimmers. 

Congrats to the Zimmer family.

Don't forget to tell us what you will eventually name your little man.

Name him Melshkam Beachcomber.

Well done to the missus for pushing out a 10pounder.

Congratulations to both of you. And as long as both mother and son are healthy then it doesn't matter the sex. Well done.

Congratulations. Your life will never ever ever be the same.

Congratulations. Another bomber is always good.

Wim's a nice name.

Wim Zimmer.

Kickett Long Zimmer is even better (Wim for short). 

Congratubabylations to you and especially to the missus. l look forward to hearing his name called out by Essendon in the 2031 - 2032 draft.

Did you get the wonderful event on tape? If not well then did you at least get the birth on tape?

Congrats by the way

Congratulations.  Shares his birthday with my little bomber Matty (6) & some famous names -  Thomas Edison, Burt Reynolds, Kelly Slater & Leslie Neilson.

So what's the current happening event that you'll forever remember this day by?

My two were born during the Victorian bush fires and Cadel's TDF win. It's the main way I remember the years of those events... so much waiting room time.

Well done Zimmer on a job well done. The Mrs probably did a fair bit of work too I'd imagine.

Congratulations on the arrival of your little man Mr and Mrs Zimmer. Happy Days!

Congrats! :)

Congrats to Mr, Mrs, and little Zimmer!

Congrats. That’s awesome.