Brandon Matera

Matera is out of contract at year's end. I would hope we would be looking on with interest.

He is WA boy but did love the Bombers growing up.

I'd trade our first rounder for him.

No chance they'll let him go.

Yep. Exactly what we need

I agree, we need to start tapping him up.

I agree, we need to start tapping him up.

I'd love to land him if it were at all possible.

Matera is out of contract at year's end. I would hope we would be looking on with interest.

Uhm, we don't got a first round pick to trade with. 

WANT

Won’t get

MATERA FEST 14

I'm sure he meant our end of first round pick.
Which will most likely be in the mid 20's after all the Free Agency compensation has been sorted

WANT
Won't get

Not with that attitude!

I'm sure he meant our end of first round pick.
Which will most likely be in the mid 20's after all the Free Agency compensation has been sorted

It won't be the mid 20s. It'll start at 19 (Gold Coast have activated one of the Gary Ablett picks they got back), and it's before any end of round compensation picks. There's unlikely to be more than one or two first round compensation pick types handed out because there just aren't that many good players available (Gibbs and Frawley are the main two, most of the other biggish names have either re-signed or have been reported as about to). I'd expect it to be no later than 21.

The compensation pick won’t get it done. They obviously want more, not sure what to offer else though.

I’m sure they will be difficult to deal if he wanted out, I bet they wish they had taken hooker and 19 for caddy now. Thankfully for us they didn’t.

We can only ask the question - I’d be bombarding his mgr.

I'm sure they'll be difficult just because it's us asking.   i cannot stand GC already.

I don’t think we can trade our comp pick anyway.

I don't think we can trade our comp pick anyway.

I thought we could but if we can't I stand corrected.

I'm sure they'll be difficult just because it's us asking. i cannot stand GC already.

Yes auld is not well liked by some at essendon sal.

with his talent and ratio of games missed through injury he could be the next winderlich

Caddy should still be first priority. 

Seriously, would be great to get him, but will not happen. 

The promise of more midfield time would probably interest him. He may think that at GC he is destined to be stuck in a pocket while Ablett, O’Meara, Swallow, Prestia, Bennell and Martin hog the midfield minutes. Not to mention Shaw, Lonergan, Sexton…