Breakfast!

Thought we had one of these already, but a Googling showed not, Lunch, yep, … Dinner? … Check.

But not for the most important graze of the day?? It won’t do.

Sooo …

Toasted Brioche Smoked Ham and Egg, .w/ tasty cheese, Rolls

edit: make that 2. Delish!

Porridge.

Gotta cook it on the stovetop, and it’s gotta be proper oats.

Mix it up with coconut, banana, cocoa, molasses, blueberries.

Milk or water? Someone on here once, Noonan I'm thinking claimed at the time that if you're dinkum about your porridge you cook it in water only. Salt was an acceptable addition but anything else and he would view you with suspicion.

Nope…happy to add sultanas and/or raisins, and sweeten with honey.

About time to get back into the morning porridge again.

Very kinky.
And by fark you’d need a big saucepan!
Cannibal cauldron maybe?

Raisins are very flamboyant.

Porridge.

Milk or water? Someone on here once, Noonan I'm thinking claimed at the time that if you're dinkum about your porridge you cook it in water only. Salt was an acceptable addition but anything else and he would view you with suspicion.

My nan was of Scottish heritage and she used oats and water only with a pinch of salt. There would always be a jug of fresh cream and a pot of honey on the table which you added yourself after it was served up if you wanted. As a kid I do remember her cooking huge amounts and she would put leftovers in a container wrapped in a cloth and during the week it would be cut into thick slices and eaten like bread

I don’t know what happened to my Toast thread. It was ace. RIP

Poached eggs over fresh basil with a hint, a hint of mayo on toast.

Porridge.

Porridge.

I used to love breakfast and would alternate daily between locally produced bacon and own chook or duck eggs, either poached or scrambled or THT-style porridge with dried fruits. Bring me a big brekky plate if we are out and about in the morning and I would be happy, because I would be grumpy AF if I didn’t have brekky , but for the past six months I have been doing intermittent fasting and have actually been more productive and feel better by pushing out breaking my daily fast until after 2pm. I only eat now between 2 pm and 10pm and do a full 24 hour fast on a Sunday. I do have a bulletproof-type coffee in the morning and find that this helps to keep my hunger abated until 2pm easily. I will still have porridge or eggs and bacon, I just have it after 2pm now.

According to latest studies breakfast isn’t as important as we were led to think it is. Neither is the bs that we have to eat 3 meals a day, or 6 meals a day if you workout bruh and want to put on weight. Seems it was the big food manufacturers who pushed these memes around, whowouldathunkit? Recent research is actually showing better results for limiting your food intake “improved blood sugar levels, decreased risk of heart disease and cancer, and it might just help your brain ward off neurogenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s while improving mood and memory”.

I have been able to add weight (muscle mass) and drop body fat % over the past 6 months through this diet regime and two six week functional hypertrophy weights programs thrown in for good measure. During the two programs I have been eating non stop during my 8 hour window and still dropping body fat %, it is nice to feel the trousers get looser around the waist, tighter in the thighs and the shirts getting tighter in the shoulders and arms.

Considering I have now hit 50 I am pretty pumped that I can still make decent physique changes through diet and exercise. Mind you I do notice that recovery is soooo much more important now that I am getting older. I make sure to do mobility work every day and take extra magnesium, tumeric, etc to help with any inflammation.

I remember having porridge cooked in water - It’s ok, but not my favorite dish,

Old man was a all water guy, . personally I go half and half, … and a bit of raw sucrose in the cook, as well as the salt of course.

Then just Golden Trump Syrup drizzed atop, and a bit more milk so it floats as a lump.

Sometimes Cream instead, if going full indulgence.

I used to love breakfast and would alternate daily between locally produced bacon and own chook or duck eggs, either poached or scrambled or THT-style porridge with dried fruits. Bring me a big brekky plate if we are out and about in the morning and I would be happy, because I would be grumpy AF if I didn't have brekky , but for the past six months I have been doing intermittent fasting and have actually been more productive and feel better by pushing out breaking my daily fast until after 2pm. I only eat now between 2 pm and 10pm and do a full 24 hour fast on a Sunday. I do have a bulletproof-type coffee in the morning and find that this helps to keep my hunger abated until 2pm easily. I will still have porridge or eggs and bacon, I just have it after 2pm now.

According to latest studies breakfast isn’t as important as we were led to think it is. Neither is the bs that we have to eat 3 meals a day, or 6 meals a day if you workout bruh and want to put on weight. Seems it was the big food manufacturers who pushed these memes around, whowouldathunkit? Recent research is actually showing better results for limiting your food intake “improved blood sugar levels, decreased risk of heart disease and cancer, and it might just help your brain ward off neurogenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s while improving mood and memory”.

I have been able to add weight (muscle mass) and drop body fat % over the past 6 months through this diet regime and two six week functional hypertrophy weights programs thrown in for good measure. During the two programs I have been eating non stop during my 8 hour window and still dropping body fat %, it is nice to feel the trousers get looser around the waist, tighter in the thighs and the shirts getting tighter in the shoulders and arms.

Considering I have now hit 50 I am pretty pumped that I can still make decent physique changes through diet and exercise. Mind you I do notice that recovery is soooo much more important now that I am getting older. I make sure to do mobility work every day and take extra magnesium, tumeric, etc to help with any inflammation.

I normally fast for about 3-4 hours in the morning before I need to eat.

But that’s only cause i have 4 cups of coffee and about 8 durries!!

Eh, breakfast is overrated
Unless you have a huge daily calorie expenditure you can afford to skip it

I used to love breakfast and would alternate daily between locally produced bacon and own chook or duck eggs, either poached or scrambled or THT-style porridge with dried fruits. Bring me a big brekky plate if we are out and about in the morning and I would be happy, because I would be grumpy AF if I didn't have brekky , but for the past six months I have been doing intermittent fasting and have actually been more productive and feel better by pushing out breaking my daily fast until after 2pm. I only eat now between 2 pm and 10pm and do a full 24 hour fast on a Sunday. I do have a bulletproof-type coffee in the morning and find that this helps to keep my hunger abated until 2pm easily. I will still have porridge or eggs and bacon, I just have it after 2pm now.

I normally fast for about 3-4 hours in the morning before I need to eat.

But that’s only cause i have 4 cups of coffee and about 8 durries!!

Yeah, I’m pretty much the same, (gotta give 'em up), … except for Sundays.

Porridge.

Nope…happy to add sultanas and/or raisins, and sweeten with honey.

About time to get back into the morning porridge again.

Porridge.

I usually go 1/3 oats, 1/3 milk, 1/3 water.

If you get the real old school oats, I can see why water is best and a pinch of salt. But they have a lot more texture to them.

I do like to let it sit in the fridge before I eat it tho, becomes more like a pudding.

Bircher muesli during the week. Eggs on toast on weekends.

Well, I’m definitely having porridge tomorrow. The Banana, coconut combo is always a winner. I sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on too.

Does anyone make their own Hollandaise sauce?

I have a banana smoothie most mornings. On my day off I have bacon, eggs and cooked Adelaide tomatoes on toast.

@Aceman: that is really interesting about the old traditional Scottish cooking. They were so poor they had to make things last as long as possible. I will try to make porridge bread next winter… may need to experiment as I make porridge from real oats but in the non-traditional way: using a microwave.