Breakfast!

Porridge with full cream( pouring variety) with Dutch ground cinnamon. Not a breakfast person, but love it for supper ( sorry wrong thread)

I don't know what happened to my Toast thread. It was ace. RIP
I warned in that thread that the oats freaks would take over…

(Eats oats for breakfast, sometimes with a lesser amount of commercial muesli stirred in, water and 30 seconds in the microwave. Sue me.)

for the past six months I have been doing intermittent fasting and have actually been more productive and feel better by pushing out breaking my daily fast until after 2pm. I only eat now between 2 pm and 10pm and do a full 24 hour fast on a Sunday. I do have a bulletproof-type coffee in the morning

Without wishing to derail the thread, I’d like to echo these thoughts on IF.
What are you putting in your Bulletproof Coffee ?
Grass Fed Butter, MCT Oil ?

I use approx 15ml of heavy cream and 1 tsp of Coconut Oil in my coffee, and it gets me thru to 1pm easily.

Anyhow, back on topic…
If I was going for Carb based breakfast…

• Rolled Oats with blueberries and 1 segment of Lindt 85% chocolate, and Stevia to taste.
    Cook oats in water, then add some milk after cooking.

If I was going for Protein/Fat based breakfast…

• 3 or 4 eggs either scrambled or fried, with mushrooms and tomato sautéed in butter.
    Perhaps a small splash of Olive Oil after cooking.
    1 slice of heavy grain bread to lap up all those juices left on the plate at completion !

Fatarse pancakes using banana soy milk and chopped up bananas, cooked in coconut oil then slathered in maple syrup. I serve em up for the fam every Sunday. Nice pot of Colombian roast coffee to go with it.

Early start today, very wintry type morning, … & after all the posts in here, … gotta be Porridge.

Maple syrup for a change up, … not bad.

Did porridge with a teaspoon of cocoa and a teaspoon of molasses this morning. Could probably eat it as a dessert. Will def try again.

for the past six months I have been doing intermittent fasting and have actually been more productive and feel better by pushing out breaking my daily fast until after 2pm. I only eat now between 2 pm and 10pm and do a full 24 hour fast on a Sunday. I do have a bulletproof-type coffee in the morning

I use approx 15ml of heavy cream and 1 tsp of Coconut Oil in my coffee, and it gets me thru to 1pm easily.

Anyhow, back on topic…

• Rolled Oats with blueberries and 1 segment of Lindt 85% chocolate, and Stevia to taste.

• 3 or 4 eggs either scrambled or fried, with mushrooms and tomato sautéed in butter.
    1 slice of heavy grain bread to lap up all those juices left on the plate at completion !

I just use unsalted butter, coconut oil, cinnamon and pinch of salt in my BC. People who have never tasted it are surprised by how good it actually tastes. This is my goto “breakfast” now, without actually breaking my fast.

Your two choices for a real brekky are basically the same as mine!

Porridge made with whole milk, ■■■■ of butter and a pinch of salt on the stove. Add cranberries, dried sour cherries, dried blueberries, golden fruit, goji berries, dried apricots and dried ginger afterwards. Maybe a sprinkle of rapadura on top.

With eggs and bacon you can never go wrong.

Anyhow, back on topic…

But Vegans on YouTube tell me that I’m consuming chicken periods…so

we’ll have to stop consuming eggs, unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this a “What I Like For Breakfast” thread, or a “What I Had For Breakfast” thread?

If it’s the latter; coffee.

Actually become both.

Although the original thought was for it to be about that more indulgent “Sunday” brekky, … I didn’t make the title that distinctive, … mainly because it was Sunday …

Is this a "What I Like For Breakfast" thread, or a "What I Had For Breakfast" thread?

Seconded. With a side of cigarette.

Once upon a time it used to be cold pizza on Sundays. At around 11am…

Anyhow, back on topic…

As I mentioned in the fitness thread.

Vegan/Vegetarian is an old Indian word for a bad hunter.

Anyhow, back on topic…

There isn’t a word for vegetarian or for vegan in Argentina. They just don’t exist. Lucky to survive in Spain too.

Funny thing is there are usually dead insects on all the grassy crap the imbeciles eat.

I have an omelet every morning for breakfast: two eggs, cheese, spinach, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms & pepper (with a bagel or english muffin on the side). At least once a week I include victory bacon in the omelet.

Anyhow, back on topic…

There isn’t a word for vegetarian or for vegan in Argentina. They just don’t exist. Lucky to survive in Spain too.

Funny thing is there are usually dead insects on all the grassy crap the imbeciles eat.

I’m not a vego, but have really cut back on red meat over the past decade, … and I certainly wouldn’t call Vegetarians imbeciles, there’s a hell of a lot to be said for it, … and frankly, it wouldn’t do you any harm mate, and actually would quite possibly give you an extra decade if you started soon enough… serious.

Vegans on the other hand … I have no defence to offer …

Is this a "What I Like For Breakfast" thread, or a "What I Had For Breakfast" thread?

Coffee and cigarettes. Breakfast of champions.

That or a drovers breafast…a long deep breath and a good look around.

Anyhow, back on topic…

I’m not a vego, but have really cut back on red meat over the past decade, … and I certainly wouldn’t call Vegetarians imbeciles, there’s a hell of a lot to be said for it, … and frankly, it wouldn’t do you any harm mate, and actually would quite possibly give you an extra decade if you started soon enough… serious.

Actually I only eat red meat about once a week, if that. It’s probably 10 days to a fortnight since I ate any.

It was the vegans I was referring to with the insects. Came across quite ambiguous.

But I do remember smiling when our Argentinian teacher of Spanish was asked about vegetarians back in BA. There was quite a look of bewilderment on her face.

Anyhow, back on topic…

Actually I only eat red meat about once a week, if that. It’s probably 10 days to a fortnight since I ate any.

It was the vegans I was referring to with the insects. Came across quite ambiguous.

But I do remember smiling when our Argentinian teacher of Spanish was asked about vegetarians back in BA. There was quite a look of bewilderment on her face.

Isn’t guinea pig a vegetable?

Coffee and cigarettes. Breakfast of champions.

That or a drovers breafast…a long deep breath and a good look around.

My Grandmother used to call that “a foxes breakfast”