Breakfast!

Sure she didn’t mean a Wombats brekky, … Roots & Leaves?

for the past six months I have been doing intermittent fasting and have actually been more productive and feel better by pushing out breaking my daily fast until after 2pm. I only eat now between 2 pm and 10pm and do a full 24 hour fast on a Sunday. I do have a bulletproof-type coffee in the morning

Without wishing to derail the thread, I’d like to echo these thoughts on IF.
What are you putting in your Bulletproof Coffee ?
Grass Fed Butter, MCT Oil ?

I use approx 15ml of heavy cream and 1 tsp of Coconut Oil in my coffee, and it gets me thru to 1pm easily.

Anyhow, back on topic…
If I was going for Carb based breakfast…

• Rolled Oats with blueberries and 1 segment of Lindt 85% chocolate, and Stevia to taste.
    Cook oats in water, then add some milk after cooking.

If I was going for Protein/Fat based breakfast…

• 3 or 4 eggs either scrambled or fried, with mushrooms and tomato sautéed in butter.
    Perhaps a small splash of Olive Oil after cooking.
    1 slice of heavy grain bread to lap up all those juices left on the plate at completion !
With eggs and bacon you can never go wrong.

But Vegans on YouTube tell me that I’m consuming chicken periods…so

we’ll have to stop consuming eggs, unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue:

As I mentioned in the fitness thread.

Vegan/Vegetarian is an old Indian word for a bad hunter.

There isn’t a word for vegetarian or for vegan in Argentina. They just don’t exist. Lucky to survive in Spain too.

Funny thing is there are usually dead insects on all the grassy crap the imbeciles eat.

I’m not a vego, but have really cut back on red meat over the past decade, … and I certainly wouldn’t call Vegetarians imbeciles, there’s a hell of a lot to be said for it, … and frankly, it wouldn’t do you any harm mate, and actually would quite possibly give you an extra decade if you started soon enough… serious.

Vegans on the other hand … I have no defence to offer …

There’s no evidence, once you account for external variables, that suggests a vegetarian will live longer than an omnivore (presuming near optimal diets for both)

Sure she didn't mean a Wombats brekky, of Roots [Shoots] & Leaves?

I thought that was “eats roots and leaves”.

I thought it was, eats roots shoots and leaves

No one appreciates me fixing posts :’(

I feel violated.

I thought it was, eats roots shoots and leaves

My understanding as well.

Never heard the shoots bit. Makes sense, but becomes cumbersome & lacks punch for mine.

He’s a Wombat! … “A Wombat?” … Yeah,… “Eats Roots, & Leaves ..”

Guffawing ensues …

Never heard the shoots bit. Makes sense, but becomes cumbersome & lacks punch for mine.

Guffawing ensues …

I had it on a t-shirt in 1971, and it was definitely eats roots shoots and leaves.

BSD
Leave out the comma after roots, as per that Lyn Truss book. Don’t get hanged by a comma like Roger Casement.

Guffawing ensues …

I had it on a t-shirt in 1971, and it was definitely eats roots shoots and leaves.

Yeah, it must be in both forms, or they just dropped the shoots bit for that added punch.

A google on Eats Roots, & Leaves is interesting, They are both out there, as are other versions, Wiki has an entry for Eats SHOOTS and Leaves, seems that started for Pandas …

The Wommy with Shoots, and w/out are both prominent, weird I’ve never heard it, but I s’pose it comes down to locale

vv… Only way I’ve seen it on a T …

Hard to believe others haven’t seen/heard it in it’s contracted, and waaaay more eloquent form.

Guffawing ensues …

This version is a bit violent though… ohhhhhh.

Guffawing ensues …

This version is a bit violent though… ohhhhhh.

I can only assume that in BSD’s version, the wombat has had the snip.

Not sure on the Wommy, but the superfluous “shoot” certainly did.

And Snippers still fire anyway, … or so my elder Brother tells me, …

I was given the wombat one on a carrier bag.

What happened to good ol weet-bixs?

Always in the cupboard. Had some last night, with warm milk they are a great bedtime snack.

Puts me out like a light if I can’t get down.

Always in the cupboard. Had some last night, with warm milk they are a great bedtime snack.

Put me out like a light if I can’t get down.

Use to have it as a mash consistency with warm milk or water (then add some milk once mashed) with a sprinkle of sugar. Yum.

Put me out like a light if I can’t get down.

Use to have it as a mash consistency with warm milk or water (then add some milk once mashed) with a sprinkle of sugar. Yum.

Sliced banana on top.