Brisbane Lions

I almost kinda feel sorry for them, but they made a rod for their own back. Seems like the team got screwed by the administrators.

Don't ever feel sorry for them. EVER. Lynch,Brown,Aker,Scott boys,Voss,Merrett, Pike,Leppitsch= do you still feel sorry for them? I sure as hell don't.Screw em

they will get absolutely smashed tonight

Leppa can’t coach. When your best players have played under 100games (rockliff, Zorko, Aish and robertson) that’s saying something

With the bizarre parochialism up here (“QUEENSLANDER”…ugh) they need to somehow leverage state of origin into to the 2 QLD sides, some additional zone recruiting or something, make it a whole ‘us against them’ mentality and they might get a few more behind it. They really should be pushing GWS/SYD v GC/BRIS as potential blockbusters more than the Q clash.

With all that being said, I’ve been living in Brisbane for 8 years and I haven’t seen us give them a real good flogging yet, so I am really looking forward to this year.

Its sad that GC are performing better than Brisbane, but look at it:

• Gold Coast have state of the art training facility
  • Better draft picks and kids
  • Ablett
  • Money.

AFL needs to sort their priority… if they want to keep Brisbane competitive, throw them a freaking bone

- Gold Coast have state of the art training facility
- Better draft picks and kids
- Ablett
- Money.
AFL needs to sort their priority.. if they want to keep Brisbane competitive, throw them a freaking bone

Throw them a bone?

They gifted them 3 farking premierships!

Leppa can't coach. When your best players have played under 100games (rockliff, Zorko, Aish and robertson) that's saying something

How does the experience of his list have anything to do with his ability to coach?

It's his first real season and he's blooding the youguns. 

Post like your name.

Anyone who feels sorry for Brisbane, watch 2001 (Iv drips at half time we got big in one off season) bullshit grand final again.

Leppitsch as coach says they want to tank. Dumb footballer, dumb coach.

Every team goes through these stages. I agree with Wim, they're not a bad side. Missing Hanley, Leunberger and Rich, that's 3 of their top 5. Chuck in Merrett too for structure. They're a side low on confidence at the moment, but its definitely not as bad as it looks. Their young stocks are premium to I think. Aish will be a gun, Taylor is very good, Mayes is solid. Then there is players like Gardiner, Paine, Claye Beams who will develop nicely. Add in a few picks this year, and there's already a good solid core for 6-7.

Leppa can't coach. When your best players have played under 100games (rockliff, Zorko, Aish and robertson) that's saying something

Wow !

Four games and you claim someone can't coach.

- Ablett
- Money.
AFL needs to sort their priority.. if they want to keep Brisbane competitive, throw them a freaking bone

Aren't the GC still using portables behind Metricon Stadium for some of their admin and gym facilities ?

I think out of the bottom struggling clubs, to me Brisbane are looking the worst. apparently projected to lose $2-3 million a year, administration fighting with each other and then on field dramas. getting belted in every game, players keep leaving and tons of injuries.
Kevin Fartlett was talking about moving them to Tasmania on SEN today.
so what exactly does the AFL do with them? are they gonna survive? the downfall of Fitzroy all over again?

The only time they made a profit in about 8 years was when they sold the GABBA concessions - economics, Kennett style.

With the bizarre parochialism up here ("QUEENSLANDER".....ugh) they need to somehow leverage state of origin into to the 2 QLD sides, some additional zone recruiting or something, make it a whole 'us against them' mentality and they might get a few more behind it. They really should be pushing GWS/SYD v GC/BRIS as potential blockbusters more than the Q clash.

They do get dibs on some of the QLD boys. Half the problem is they get them, and then play them.

In real danger of becoming a footballing backwater. The sacking of Voss to try and lure Roos absolutely blew up in their faces, meaning they had to appoint someone they really didn’t have in mind for the job. Worse than that, the exodus of the likes of Polec, Longer, Yeo, Docherty, all players picked at the pointy end of the draft in the last 3-4 years, is a massive dent to their program and I dare say it will take some 4-5 years to recover from that. They will have a hole in their 22-26 year age bracket in a few seasons due to that.

I don’t they have their retention allowance anymore, so they don’t have that financial advantage that the Swans still do, GC is going to blow by them over the next few years. In some big strife the Lions…

- Ablett
- Money.

Yeah they can have dank and the weapon, they deserve it

Fk em

Glad they got their first win out of the way

I don't feel sad for other clubs.  No one will give a toss for us when we struggle. As already said, clubs will go through bad times. If you can survive then good. If not, then you have to make a call on whether they should be there. Clubs can bounce back as Port Adelaide have shown - just need to get a good plan and hold your nerve.

CEO sacking incoming.

■■■■ Brisbane, and ■■■■ the rest of the competition. No one lifted a finger for us last year so fark them.