Brisbane Lions

appears the Chairman will be going to.

Chairman, CEO and Coach gone inside 6 months.

Ahhh Brisbane....the new Melbourne, who will the AFL cherry pick from other clubs to come abroad and save the Lions, Ian Robson?

Hope they fold

Typical Brisbane save their best form for us then go back to normal the rest of the year. Just die brisbane

Press conference due to start soon where it is expected J Brown will announce his retirement.

Hung on one season too long. Still, he’s still their best key forward which says a lot.

Fark 'em. Hope they finish last.

Press conference due to start soon where it is expected J Brown will announce his retirement.
Hung on one season too long. Still, he's still their best key forward which says a lot.
Fark 'em. Hope they finish last.

Yep went on a season too long. Champion of the lions, not sure he is an AFL champion though. But meh, here's hoping Brisbane die a horrible death and fold.

*Tips hat* Well done Browny.

Brown absolutely an AFL champion.

Was a superstar of the game during the Lions strong era, and just plain fearless. Smashed Essendon many a time.

Should have pulled the pin last year, fantastic career.

I never really liked him, but really respected how he played footy.

Tough as nails and courageous as hell.

One of the most fearless players I have seen play the game though. The way he would dive face first into packs trying to mark was just jaw dropping

THAT mark against Hawthorn at the G’ is top 5 of all time. Such a courageous thing to do.

Will never forgot when he came back from suspension and kicked 8 (?) to destroy us.

A true icon, true CHF of the game. Congratulations on such a great career Browny.

AFL Champion. I liked the way he played passion and courage sometimes too much. Also great bloke from what we see in interviews and on the footy show.

Always been of the opinion that Brown is/was grossly overrated by the media

"Icon"

turn it up!

THAT mark against Hawthorn at the G' is top 5 of all time. Such a courageous thing to do.
Will never forgot when he came back from suspension and kicked 8 (?) to destroy us.
A true icon, true CHF of the game. Congratulations on such a great career Browny.

To be fair Sheedy did play Ty Zantuck on him that night from memory, given that he probably should have kicked 12.

In all seriousness though...was a great player, an all-time great of the Brisbane Lions, extremely courageous (on a par with Hird)...not sure I would extend to say he was an all-time great of the VFL/AFL though.

Did he personally thank Essendon for giving him some of his fondest footballing memories?

First Simon Black, now Browny…finally there are no reasons for me to say, “I farking hate that club with every ounce of my being…except maybe Browny or Blacky, those blokes are champions”…

Can now hate with 100% conviction.

Brown had to call it quits. Was deadset going to kill himself one day, running back into packs. One of the great power forwards and a champion bloke. Put your feet up Johnno and watch the club you bled for fall apart and die.

Always been of the opinion that Brown is/was grossly overrated by the media

"Icon"

turn it up!

Lots of smaller players put themselves in more danger game in and out, also "seems like a great bloke"? So does the mechanic and then he gives you the bill. Good player but the man love for him seems like a lot of contagion - "what a legend of the game". " yeaaaah". Fletch is an icon, Brown was a lump of a bloke who was good in a great team, occasionally great in an ordinary one. Cue the insults.

Some pretty ungenerous people in here. The bloke was a fantastic player and had the presence and the personality that carries footy sides.

How good was he that night when he kicked 8..

Disagree that he went a season too long , too. Brisbane still needed him, and you can’t predict some things.

We should have picked him up. Damn his dad didn't play 50 games for us.

Champion.