Brisvegas slugfest. match review thread

What we are seeing is the problem with playing a high possession game when your confidence is down.

Dalgliesh could add a huge amount to this team

2 in a row!!! We're on a roll!

just got back to the room and got no idea what I just witnessed

Another underwhelming performance. Not happy (surprise surprise) at the moment... but would rather play ugly the last two weeks and have 8 premiership points in the back than the alternative.
Our defence won't be the factor in us getting spanked by the Swans next week... it will be our complete inability to kick a competitive score at the other end.

Maybe they were just practicing defensive football. I don’t know but our game style seems to have changed.

Dont forget the Bears were UP for this game. They bought energy and had some big names back. It was always going to be a tough slog.

We won! Take that any day if the week.

Next week we will SMASH the SWans with no Chappy.

Has Essington EVER won 2 in a row?

Momentum.

A win.

Zorko most exciting turnovers ever! EVER!

Still seem to be really lacking some run. And on top of that we are very fumbly - seem to be double grabbing a lot of little handballs, missing simple targets and hand balling behind players. Happy we are winning but we just seem to have no game plan, no confidence and no run. Not sure where the correction is going to come from.

On the upside, I like Ambrose in the forward line. Works and creates some space. And Zac Merrett has some real class and definitely uses the ball well.

We have not played well in the last four weeks but we have managed to grind out two wins. As ugly as they have been and as out of form as the team appears to be at least they have won those two games. In previous years performances like the last two would have been losses, at least now we know the team can win ugly. Of course I would rather the team was in form but at least we have picked up eight points in the last two weeks which sure beats zero points.

4 points.

Carlisle is now being rewarded to play the way he is, along with Zaka.

A win.

Yeah that was good, but my god it aint footy as I knew it

YAY WE WIN! YAY!!

Yep, that is how Aylett celebrated the win.  If only the rest could have that enthusiasm when getting to a team mate after a goal  

We have no forward line…need to try something different up there nxt week.

Is our form really that much of a mystery? We play pretty much the same way for the last half of every season in recent history. It's not like we are Hawthorn or Geelong where we consistently play well, it's just who this group of players are unfortunately, play well for a bit then back to the pack.

Newsflash:

It is only EARLY MAY!

Our "good first half of the season" this year lasted for only two games.

Does anyone else feel like a freo supporter? It’s like being coached by Ross Lyon … Ugly footy but a win …

You have to find a positive somewhere in this crap !

Jonathan Brown, 0 goals.

err, no.

Our backline is top line, well I think anyway, we defend well fletch, hurls , hooker and baguley have been playing really well. If our backline was poor we’d look like a below par average team with our forward line not functioning well.

Imagine if we lost that. We didn't, so move on.