Brisvegas slugfest. match review thread

Brown didn't get a kick did he? Never did hear who was on him.

If it was Gibson the media would still be playing with there dicks over it.

ooooooohh gibbboooo, good looking rooster. plays above his size. superstar. 

Game plan sucks. It’s unbearable to watch

Mmmm..... Wish I had something worth downloading,Been a while!

I hate watching footy at home, I’ve got two very young kids and I scare the ■■■■ out them, my wife and my dogs. Had to turn it off and watch blitz from half way through the third till they went to bed.

We have lost all confidence moving the ball forward, our run and disposal of half back is poor and we are getting badly beaten up on the inside. It’s 2 players away from our best 22 and we look completely lost. I’m trying as hard as I can not get to disappointed in this but I think we have been seduced into thinking we are better than we are. Time for a reset of expectations…

Getting sick of deleting games immediately of IQ. 

FFS Bombers.

hehe, Hard Drive doing a lot of work, all to no avail !

Absolutely nothing to be taken from an 8 point win in Brisbane, apart from Kurt Aylett's joy as the siren sounded!! Shows what a few years at GWS have done.

Going to be a trying year.  Scoring 10 goals in a game will be a major achievement.

Terrible stop-start chip, chip game style which won't trouble any decent opposition.  12th will be a good effort in 2014.

Forward line is a total shambles.  Daniher a boy playing a man's game, but has to be persisted with, Carlisle as useless as a one-legged dog.

Too many plodders in the midfield, and unless Watson and Goddard fire Essendon get smashed around the ball.  Melksham has regressed after his promising finish in 2013.

Thankfully the defence has been very solid.  Hooker, Hurley, Fletcher have mostly been excellent, with reasonable support from Hibberd and Baguley.

Get on us for next week… Myers will make a massive difference… We were ■■■■ tonight but we still won away from home… The points r still on the board and in a few weeks time nobody will give a stuff how we won… Now let’s not bag the boys even though we r frustrated… Get on us to beat the swannies… Our back line in our strength

PHEW

Hard to believe that a team could have lost so much of their skills in just under a year: from finals contender to scraping a lucky win against the bottom-ranked side.

decision making and skills across the whole comp have dropped off dramatically.

normally this sort of form happens to us later in seasons when we burn out, so i guess the question is, are they already spent ?

Maybe it's mental fatigue setting in from all the drama of the other ■■■■.

we'll win next week. 

I haven't watched this game yet and from the reports I don't think I will bother.

Six day break then we have to front up to sydney! 

Something badly wrong at Bomberland..... Can't see it turning around anytime soon.

I reckon we’ll win next week.

Good sides rely on a good defense. That is the big positive for us at the moment, our defense has been wonderful, once the forward line clicks we will run over sides. We were in losing positions for the last few weeks and have ran out games much stronger than our opponents, our fitness seems superior to others.
Not a great win but ill take an ugly win over a flashy loss anyday

Spot on.

Hooker beat Brown (although the delivery did Brown no favours) and Hurley was rock solid too.

They'll have their hands full next week, but I'm confident they can contain Buddy and Tippett.

we'll win next week.

Yep

We can now win ugly. We have not been able to do that for a long time.

This is not a good sign. Lucky we won, but if we dropping form this early in a season… watch out

Apart from the second, I dont think we were as bad as people are making out. Brisbane came to play and were good. Toughed out the win and we were good when it mattered in the last. Bring on the swans

Is our form really that much of a mystery? We play pretty much the same way for the last half of every season in recent history. It’s not like we are Hawthorn or Geelong where we consistently play well, it’s just who this group of players are unfortunately, play well for a bit then back to the pack.

0 bounces for the bombers, f*** me, wheres the run?

I think the hardest pill to swallow, is not that we played poorly - it's that last year and the year before we played football that was top 4 quality. The difference between our best and our worst is what I believe will impact us when we play finals football in the future. We have it in us to turn it around but I get the sinking feeling that we should be playing a much better brand of footy by now....