Brodie Grundy

Definitely after we dogged them on the Richard Cole deal. They’re still fuming over that!

1 Like

He is among the top five rucks in the league, is young, and our rucks are old and average. Of course we should have a look. But we shouldn’t sell the farm trying to get him over the line.

1 Like

If I was going to recruit any ruckman from another club, he is #1 on the list. I think he’s the best in the AFL when you combine his tapwork and also how he plays around the ground. He is an extra midfielder, gets it 20 times, great agility, uses the ball pretty well. He is everything you want in the modern day ruckman. He’d command $800K+ a season no doubt on the open market, plus then what you’d have to give up in a trade. The thing is, you can prosper without an absolute top-class ruckman these days, but you can’t with a poor midfield. I’d be staggered if he didn’t remain at Collingwood…

I’m not disagreeing with people that our midfield isn’t vitally important. And our top pick this year needs to be used for that either at draft or via trade scenarios.

But also think when we are looking to challenge in 4yrs time (which is reality for the core group we have coming through) that we will also need a gun ruck working with our gun mids. One who has also built that chemistry with them.

Leuey/Belly plus our 2018 first rounder could be part of a deal to get Grundy.

Or we just stick with status quo rucks and try and poach someone further down track like Hawks did with McEvoy. Cats with Otten etc.

2 Likes

Grundy is a gun.

His stats have dropped off with Cox in the side but when he rucks solo he is one of the biggest contributors from a hitout and disposal point of view. Acts as another midfielder. At just 23 he has a good decade of football ahead of him. WANT.

He’s from SA, isn’t he? No go-home factor there. I’d be looking more at rookies or second-stringers. You need a ruck who’s hungry as ■■■■.

Yes, Adelaide boy but in general most SA players are footy mad and love being drafted to Melbourne clubs

We dogged them? Richard Cole for pick 23 (which they used to draft Ryan Cook - ever heard of him?)

If that’s not the complete embodiment of a nil-all draw I don’t know what is… In fact, I’m inclined to believe that we got dogged - I have no idea about Ryan Cook, but he couldn’t possibly have been worse than the pisspoor efforts Cole put-in for us…

1 Like

Simon Madden

We want everyone but at below cost.

3 Likes

I don’t want grundy, purely because i think going for him risks our resources to go mid crazy.

lol

He’s 10x better than any of our rucks. If he’s looking, get him

3 Likes

I just thought usin Richard Cole in the conversation would bring the lol’s.

Don’t know about LOL’s, but it certainly brings memories of Sheedy’s horrendous player recycling in his last 3 or 4 years…

2 Likes

Good player and all… but…

Great bloke, would fit in well with joey and Zac but like others, would rather see investment in gun mids/young key forward

What, the guy that couldn’t even outruck that hack Luenberger on ANZAC day?

2 Likes

wtf leuy didn’t win.

I’d say it was square. When the battler you picked up from the wooden spooner breaks even with a supposed gun in the biggest game of the year, I call that a win