Brodie Grundy

Have to be big coin to get him as we can’t offer him anything else he’s not already getting at Collingwood like mediocrity and big games at the G.

4 Likes

The question is whether we want to spend big money on a ruckman such as him or on a gun midfielder like a Dusty Martin. Where does the club believe we need the most assistance? Based on how we drafted last year, it appears as though they’re pretty comfortable with how our midfields looking.

No Bucks also.

Woosh & the sponges floors

I’m taking Dusty over a ruckman any day of the week. Throw the best ruckman in the game into our current side and we would be no better, throw a bonafide gun mid into our side and we are instantly a far better side

5 Likes

Wont have to worry about that in 2 rounds time :grinning:

1 Like

Agree 100%

He’s not just a Ruckmen.
Averages more possessions than some of our so called midfielders. Is a gun and will only get better.
Will be AA very soon if not this year.
Definitely should go for if he is interested.

3 Likes

Interests me more if he can play more time forward - Though that could be a function of how Collingwood plays.

Grundy forward.
Daniher in the ruck.
Hooker stays where he is.

I don’t really see a ruck as a huge need. Most teams seem to be able to identify one* to “steal” when they really need one. Nankervis and Witts are examples last trade period. Belly and Leuy are serviceable for the near future, unless we’re contending they should be fine. Belly maybe more so if he rediscovers pre-injury form.

Which is not to say I wouldn’t take one if a good one was offered free. Just I don’t think the timing is right to be spending considerable draft coin.

1 Like

Even if we are contending, an elite ruckman might not be necessary.

Of the four preliminary finalists last year - I’d say only GWS (Mummy) have a really good ruckman. Hawks won three premierships without ever having a great ruckman.

@Speedy_Gonzales

I watched a replay of the Collingwood v GWS first half.

Grundy totally mauled Mumford, and D-Wayne kept talking him up for AA! :grin:

Grundy wouldn’t come to us. Won’t be able to get a game ahead of Draper.

8 Likes

I’d try a trade for Tom Nicholls from the Suns. Buy low, think he’s a decent prospect.

That’s just not true. Leuenberger is okay in the taps but we just get nothing around the ground from him, but Jacobs or similar? Marks in the forward line, backline, on the wing coming out of defence, a goal kicking threat. Makes a massive difference

Exactly

Witts was the one to chase, been decent for the Suns and plenty of improvement to come (at his size)

I’d love Leuey to do a bit more around the ground but he isn’t the difference between us being a good side or a great side. Jacobs, Sandilands, Goldstein all had 13 or less touches on the weekend and they are considered elite ruckman.
Goldstein and Jacobs also won the taps convincingly but their teams were smashed in clearances. Put any of them in our side and we would not have won anymore games or probably even got closer. Put a Kelly, Cripps, Martin in our side and we probably have another win or better.
I just don’t think a elite ruckman is anywhere near as important as a quality mid and as such if I’m spending $$$$ it isn’t on a ruckman

2 Likes

I want dusty at essendon for 2 reasons.

1, hes a gun.
2. A group losing their ■■■■ over Essendon trading in someone with a ■■■■ personality.

3 Likes

I assume the second censored word is a synonym of disgusting?

Quote it to see