Browne re-signs with Bombers

Browne re-signs with Bombers

By Staff Writers  Exclusive to essendonfc.com.au 4:57pm AEST Monday, September 30, 2013

•  
  •  
20130930_browne_p.png
I‘m really excited to sign on for another year with the Bombers.
Alex Browne

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce young midfielder, Alex Browne, has re-signed for the 2014 season.

Alex, who‘s played 8 senior games, put pen to paper on a one year contract extension and said he was looking forward to working his way back into the side next season

“I‘m really excited to sign on for another year with the Bombers,” Browne said.

“The club has given me a great opportunity and I want to repay the faith they‘ve shown in me, I‘m looking forward to working hard over the summer and earning my spot back in the senior team.”

Assistant coach Simon Goodwin said Alex had shown plenty of promise after a strong season in the VFL.

“Alex has worked really hard on all aspects of his game and we have no doubt he can play a role next season if he maintains that strong work ethic,” Goodwin said.

List manager, Adrian Dodoro, said it was important for the club to retain and develop its young talent.

“We had a really healthy squad this season which meant only a handful of players got a chance to play senior football, but Alex is really excited about the opportunities that will come if he continues to work hard and he has proven he can perform at the elite level,” Dodoro said.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-30/browne-resigns-with-bombers

Oh that is excellent news. I like Browne. I really thought he was going to be gone. I hope he can get super fit over summer

Matt Finnis needs to call a meeting with the dons playing list, they aren’t following the script.

Have really liked the glimpses I've seen from him in the seniors, hope he has a big pre season. Think he's got what it takes this fella.

exodus browne !

gratz ! alex , hope next year treats you well

GoDons !

mass exodus

Yes! Absolutely rapt!

Here’s hoping for an injury free pre-season. Is best 22 when up and running.

very happy to get his signature.

Who

Mass Exodus continues with 11 players re-signing with the bombers.

Wow I really thought if anyone of the young brigade would go, it’d be him. Suddenly I feel a lot better about things.

Liked some of his games late in 2012, obviously injuries put paid to his 2013 but I did think he might leave. Good to see him stay, with the draft penalties we really need some development from players within the club, and he is a prime candidate…

Great news! Yet another rumour shot down in flames.

Who

Not a Fremantle player You wouldn't have yeard of him.

alex brown delisted at swans , alex browne re-signs with dons

we should get the swans bloke to mess with with game day commentators )

Wow I really thought if anyone of the young brigade would go, it'd be him. Suddenly I feel a lot better about things.

me too

It's no longer mass exodus. According to Caro, it'll be, "No clubs are willing to risk signing Essendon players, so they're forced to re-sign with EFC"

I like it in the Browne......

Well done on re-signing Alex

alex brown delisted at swans , alex browne re-signs with dons

we should get the swans bloke to mess with with game day commentators )

Both HBFs from Oakleigh Chargers. I think they may have Played some TAC cup together.

Hopefully he'll benefit from the Bomber T, treat 'em mean keep 'em keen philosophy and he'll come out in his 4th year and tear the comp a new a'hole.