Bruce McAvaney hangs up the mic

You know what’s embarrassing, this post. A lot of garbage gets thrown about in this forum, but this about takes cake !! What a pathetic load of dribble.

1 Like

This has made my year. :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Alistair ABC Nicholson for mine, but Huddo one of the best TV guys for sure.

EEP!

Gave it a like but had to take it back at this. No no, … Braysnore, wowsers jeepers BT!! No.

2 Likes

Goodbye to a legend.

1 Like

Sorry Bruce?

I really enjoyed the commentary on the Carlton Essendon practice game, actually talked about players, was all low key, surely the spectacle speaks for it’s self, do we need raving lunatics announcing every second like it’s important

5 Likes

Some of his best work here.

6 Likes

Robbo was always one of my favourites

5 Likes

100% agree.

1 Like

“You can argue forever about who is the best team of all time, but as Jason said earlier, this is the best season we’ve ever seen.”

9 Likes

As cringe-worthy as his commentary became in his later years, he always the enthusiasm of a 10 year old boy for the game and its players. I’ll always respect that about him.

Here’s wishing he’s in good health.

6 Likes

McAvaney was electric throughout the 90s. He expertly called a heap of classic Bomber moments during that period. Consequently, I’ll always be grateful.

6 Likes
3 Likes

His call of the Moorcroft mark was dynamite!

6 Likes

I’ll buck the trend amd happily admit I reckon he was a fantastic caller right till the end, he said the odd thing now and then but I reckon its become a bit of a exaggeration how “terrible” he was.

ill miss his calling. all the best bruuuce

20 Likes

I like Bruce. His knowledge and passion for sport was at the highest level.

But I get why he grates on people as there are times where he goes for too much.

In the end he became a caricature of himself. He overdid the thing that was special about him to the point where it felt like it was being forced. I think he just wanted to entertain the viewer.

9 Likes
8 Likes

“WHAT A MARK!”

He doesn’t miss much - called Lucas’ right foot kick being on his wrong side.

2 Likes