Buddygate

See? You’ve got a good eye.

So…you watch a lot of the history channel I assume

1 Like

If I saw that in a Sydney game I’d probably die from shock. Thankfully I’d most likely be asleep from the boredom.

Its a lot shorter drive from Breakfast Point to a Bondi Cafe than it is to Acland Street.

1 Like

At least you tuned in.

Usually just (unsuccessfully) trying to stay awake for the BBC world service.

Its probably a coincidence that Thrush come from the genus Turdus

That little bloke Ronke exemplifies “Hero to Zero”
Becomes a star when he kicks a random 7 in one match, 24 in a year and is eventually dropped after an abysmal 2 from 6 games in 2019.

Testament to the brilliant player development that Sydney are renowned for. Maybe if they actually kicked the ball to the kid instead of targeting Buddy and Heeney 100% of the time he could carve out a career in footy for himself.

The only surprising thing in this thread is that its increasingly perplexing that Digs hangs around an Essendon forum at all. I always thought/assumed he must have liked both teams (which is a bit weird in itself, but whatever) but it seems quite obvious which is his favourite.

6 Likes

Thing is, the Sydney Swans are just the vehicle for the object of his all consuming passionate man crush : L FRANKLIN!

1 Like

Wasn’t L FRANKLIN!!! recruited from the Cardies…which I assume is short for Cardigans.

Diggers is actually a West Coast supporter

Cardinals, Noonan. Please?

Phil ‘Spock’ Bradmore made an appearance on the C7 WAFL coverage a couple of weeks ago. Haven’t seen or heard of him since around 1988. Played a few games (15) for Footscray but went on to enjoy a very fulfilling career with West Perth (clap clap clap) in the 80’s.

I do like both clubs although one a bit more than the other.

Now, if Sydney can secure J Daniher as well… That would tip the scales even further.

I just cannot fathom a grown man switching footy teams

6 Likes

I’d say Diggers childhood team was a WAFL team.

So Essendon was only his second team to start with.

1 Like

Neither could I at one stage but once the heart is no longer committed, it’s time to break up. We had our ups n downs, some really good ups fair to say but the breach of trust in 2013 crossed a line that should never be crossed.

I still like the players and want them and the coach to do well but I don’t hold the EFC in high regard anymore.

And if West Perth (clap clap clap) were successful in their attempt at joining the VFL in 1986, we’d never have met.

1 Like

Miles Barlow gave switching teams a 1x star review. Personally, I give it 4.