Buddygate

I’d say a moment’s silence for diggers, but ■■■■ that guy.

5 Likes

BUD

Why would you bring him back this year anyway?
They have six months to get him right for 2020.

3 Likes

3 more years clogging up the cap :rofl:

5 Likes

McVeigh is far more cooked than Buddy, reckon that’s the end for him.

And like Wim says, they should forget playing Buddy at all this year and just get him right for next year.

We can be thankful for that, because Sydney picking up another gun in the off-season makes them a scary prospect.
If Blakey progresses, Buddy’s at 80% and they can shove Reid back to CHB, then add another gun mid or even HBF…

Yeh. Just like how rebuilding Hannebery worked so well.

1 Like

and another setback…

Hamstrung Franklin to miss at least two more games

Andrew WuJuly 25, 2019 — 6.32pm

Lance Franklin has suffered a setback in his comeback from a hamstring injury, but Sydney have not ruled out the superstar forward returning this year to play his 300th game.

While speedster Harry Cunningham’s season is over, ruckman Sam Naismith will make his comeback this weekend from a knee injury in the reserves.

Lance Franklin (left), seen here with Swans football manager Charlie Gardiner, has suffered multiple hamstring issues this season.

Lance Franklin (left), seen here with Swans football manager Charlie Gardiner, has suffered multiple hamstring issues this season.AAP

Franklin has not played since breaking down in the Swans’ win over Hawthorn in round 14 and is set to miss at least another two games after complications with his sciatic nerve, which is preventing him from running at full speed.

It means he will have missed a minimum of six games, on top of the four matches he was sidelined for earlier in the year with what was initially diagnosed as a minor hamstring strain.

His games tally this year will be the lowest of his career, which started in 2005. The 32-year-old still has three years to run on his blockbuster nine-year deal.

“Lance had a medium hamstring strain four weeks ago and it was a really similar size one to the injury he had earlier in the year and to the same part of the muscle,” the Swans’ head physiotherapist Matt Cameron said.

"The muscle from testing has slowly improved over that time and looks to have virtually fully healed.

"Over the last couple of weeks, he has developed some complications with his sciatic nerve that runs from your back through your pelvis and into your hamstring.

"Unfortunately, that is giving him some symptoms in his hamstring. It just doesn’t allow him to get out of a jog at the moment.

“At this stage, it rules him out of this week and it also means he won’t be prepared to play for next week, but we are hoping to have him back running, training and playing towards the end of the year.”

Cunningham is expected to need surgery after reinjuring his groin.

“His whole groin region has now become unsettled and unstable, so it is now something we feel we are going to have to operate on in order to stabilise it,” Cameron said.

I laughed.

8 Likes

6 Likes

oh man, this sucks.

Hope @Diggers is ok.

I’d put him in the cooler for the rest of the year.

If they’re in any way serious about him seeing out his contract, they’d be mad not to.
There is nothing to be gained by him playing, or by pushing his body to play, this year.

Edit: And I’m sure I’ve already said this, but if Sydney have Aliir, Reid, Franklin, Blakey fit, Heeney getting back to his best form, Mills becoming the player he should be, Parker continuing his resurgence, any one of their three ruckmen right…

They could move up the table dramatically.

hahahahahahaha

1 Like

hard not to, and reminded me of this

Unknown

I reckon that’s their intention with him but they use these stories about his 'possible return for the publicity it generates. I’d be very surprised to see him play another game this year.

Made me chuckle also. I’d have thought he was pretty well known up there but apparently not.

They’ve really missed S Naismith. He would be their 1st choice ruck but there are doubts about him returning at all due to ongoing complications after his ACL injury late in 2017. C Sinclair has made an admirable contribution in Naismith’s absence but Sydney hired him as a forward/ruck, not as the #1 role player. They’ve got a decent list and have received some promising service from several junior members of the squad who have got some games under their belts in the absence of senior players like N Smith, H Cunningham, J McVeigh and of course, L FRANKLIN!. I hope they can keep T Papley because he’s evolving into a very useful player but he is out of contract and being keenly sought after. L Mellican may want to depart due to reduced opportunities and he would attract a decent trade if he was to leave. Seasons like this one do have a silver lining and a re-calibration every once in a while isn’t a bad thing.

well he’s been unsighted so long, maybe a reminder was in order