Bulldogs Logo

We get our name from Essendon Airport being the home to the Beaufort Bombers in WW2.

I wouldn't be adverse to something more representative of that style of aircraft, even if it was a secondary logo.

470_beaufortbomber,0.jpg

given our level of popularity could we rig up some kind of stylized dynamite chest harness as a logo?

I'd love for us to go a little abstract and minimal. It's the opposite of what clubs are have been doing for the past two decades.

Freo went fairly close with the very basic Flat Design white on purple lined anchor and 'D' which I think is simple, clear and resonant. Compare that with the Crows late 90's stylised, full detailed and shadowed crows head. Modern but it's just a highly detailed comic book image, with shadowed typeface that renders unmemorable.

I like the direction taken by Designer here (top left corner) who created the triangular downward bomber, it's the type of direction we should go - abstract. As a Designer, I'm sick to guts of these ridiculous lopsided shields and American college sporting mascots. I believe it was a Sydney based studio who came up with the lopsided emblem for Cricket Australia, taken on by Sydney FC and Adelaide Utd. It's played out and reeks of what was popular but still ■■■■■ from ten years ago.

Australian flags - NO.

We could adopt the bomber logo on the bottom right hand corner....................................................

Well, it's official. 

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-10-07/the-new-logo-explained

“With the exciting growth and evolution of our Club, we are ready for a new visual identity, one that reflects our core Club values, makes reference to our proud past and equally looks to an exciting and prosperous future — we believe we have achieved this with our new logo,” Garlick said.

I don't like it. But, very hard to do anything good with a bulldog. I think the paw would be better if it was holding a football. 

WB0016-A5-Logo-Explainer-Update2.jpg

LogoExplainer_WB1.jpg

I like the shape

I thought they had gone back to being footscary?

I think it looks great. Definitely an improvement on previous incarnations. Could do with a bit more gradient work.

"A TEAM OF THE WEST FOR THE WEST
The Bulldog is looking to the west, acknowledging the community the club represents."

Umm, it's looking pretty ■■■■■■ off in that direction.

I like the shape

So did Cricket Australia, when their designers created it years ago.

Well it must be the logo - breaking news is that Ryan Griffin wants to be released from the final year of his contract to go to GWS.

I am not kidding - see AFL trade site: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-09/live-trade-period-day-four-plus-free-agency-latest

The whole player contract thing has gone made.

If it's not the logo then maybe it's the coach staying on.....

Looks like the Mornington cricket clubs logo apparently.

■■■■■ club. ■■■■■ logo.

So the most recent clubs to release new logos have been:

Hawthorn, Hawk on a shield.

Geelong, Cats face on a shield

Richmond, Tiger coming out of a shield

Melbourne, 15 different elements all packed onto a shield

Dockers, Anchor and D made of paper clips on a shield.

North, a Kangaroo jumping out of a shield.

Footscray, half a Dog coming out of a shield.

Also

Adelaide and Brisbane have released outlined animal heads.

In Adelaide's case, what appears to be a pterodactyl, Brisbane is the Paddle Pop lion who everyone hates.

Completely different ;)

logo.gif

Looks like the dog is waving. As in waving goodbye to all it's players.

WTF is with the skewif, non-symmetrical shield... Cricket Aus has it too as Rolo pointed out. What's the appeal?

Prefer this sort of theme

Yeh, but based on perspective,  this is a Bomber flying down !

Can anyone make a new logo of a bulldog eating its own puppies, rolling in a pile of its own ■■■■ and then running in front of a car?

Completely different ;)

logo.gif

They've been rumbled and sent a nice friendly letter, gone back to their old logo

MCCLogo11a.jpg

Which as you can see is very original.

They obviously nicked the new one when the AFL first registered it (in 2012) but before they started using it.