Bushfires

Horrific.

I remember how bad they were here this time last year. Then coming home from dinner, watching the whole south eastern horizon aglow some ■■■■■■■■ in front of me threw a cigarette butt out the window. I can’t ever remember being so angry, if I had a gun, and a clue how to use one, I would probably have shot him/her/it.

Very smokey smell to the air here now. ■■■■■■ grampians!

Very smokey smell to the air here now. ■■■■■■ grampians!

News says it's scary there. Is it safe where you are?

Ballarat smokey too Boot.

Scary thing is i recognise the sky when its like this now, not get shocked by it.

Well I'm just about to jump in the car and head into the fire zone. Need to see that things are ok. It disturbs me when friends start ringing asking if they can evacuate to my place.

Is that the best idea?
No it wasn't.
Educational though. It's farking nasty in some spots.
I helped pull down fences on a mate's property after Black Saturday. Knee deep, white ash, and driving in 2-3 husks of cars.
Do not want to get within a thousand kms of that if at all possible. Happy to be a coward.

Half an hour ago at Taylors Lake.

1546412_10151931111460959_1915399880_n.j

1010419_10151929330725959_1337693393_n.j

Where was that taken?

1010419_10151929330725959_1337693393_n.j

Where was that taken?

Green Lake, about 10kms east of Horsham.

Gotta love the country attitude.  Nice day for a water-ski!

Stunning shot.

I guess one way to escape the heat.

A massive 33,000-hectare bushfire in Victoria's Grampians has caused significant concern for firefighters by creating its own weather.

The fire has caused a 12-kilometre convection column that has created thunderstorms and lightning.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-16/bushfire-threat-as-australia-south-east-suffers-heatwave/5204250

Lightning was beautiful last night, not much rain.

A massive 33,000-hectare bushfire in Victoria's Grampians has caused significant concern for firefighters by creating its own weather.

The fire has caused a 12-kilometre convection column that has created thunderstorms and lightning.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-16/bushfire-threat-as-australia-south-east-suffers-heatwave/5204250

"Always take the weather with you…" l don't believe this is what the Finn brothers were thinking at the time, 

Live news on this has been pretty pissweak.

Pretty comprehensive during the cricket on 774.
I imagine the country stations have been all over it?

Pretty sure it hadn't crossed the Western Hwy last night.  It has now, by this map.

Without wanting to diminish the size of the job, I would have thought they'd be getting the fire under control by now.

20140118_0330_Grampians%20-%20Northern%2

Pretty comprehensive during the cricket on 774.
I imagine the country stations have been all over it?

That's good but, without wanting to sound facetious, my interest level is above wanting to hear the CFA warnings repeated.

They spoke to a reporter on the ground there for about 10 minutes, on my way home yesterday.

Horrific.
I remember how bad they were here this time last year. Then coming home from dinner, watching the whole south eastern horizon aglow some ■■■■■■■■ in front of me threw a cigarette butt out the window. I can't ever remember being so angry, if I had a gun, and a clue how to use one, I would probably have shot him/her/it.

dob them in! 

Coming in thick and fast in the north of Melbourne, and in Crafers SA. Stay safe people

Yeah my folks (Central Parkie) got the "■■■■ off outta there" call. Almost always something in North Warrandyte, but this one got into Sth Warrandyte and if it gets into the bush behind them and starts coming up the hill, there's quite a few houses on a single lane gravel road - would not want to get caught in there.