Calling for a rebel group

no the point is entirely the fans and members wont do ■■■■ unless it comes from a former player whos got as big a standing as sheeds.

1 Like

Big no to past hero’s taking over. Just turns the fans into hero worshipers and papers over the cracks. We need real leaders who know how to do it.

Even just getting a competent ceo in and empowering them to make the required changes would solve so much of our issues.

9 Likes

I think we are very much in need of a, my way or the highway person.

2 Likes

As I said in another thread. As frustrating as it is, I’m happy just to let things plow ahead as normal for the next 3 years. We’ve tried everything else which has failed, this may just pay off.

5 Likes

Turn it on its head. We may not have the potential board but if we can get enough members together committing to calling an EGM, we can then publicly state we are looking for a potential board.

Build it and they will come.

If nothing else it will scare the ■■■■ out of the status quo.

All participants of the investment thread?

1 Like

12 Likes

I’M SOMEONE ELSE!!!

2 Likes

Sheedy is the main problem.

It doesn’t work with the snowflakes of today. They go crying to their mum if someone tells them off

3 Likes

I went looking for that pic too.

2 Likes

This guy gets it.

You mean all of us who lose our money?

2 Likes

I thought it was raining cash in there!

1 Like

@barnz , Coteries are not the problem. As long as about only 2000 vote out of 80,000 members vote, you will never get change.

I keep telling you, that I have never been a Coterie member but have been to many coterie functions and they all seem to me to be just Bomber supporters like the rest of us, who spend their money on footy and getting p1ssed.

No doubt there is a lack of normal footy supporters on footy club boards. I am not sure ex-players or coaches should allowed to be on the Board, and I reckon the Board would benefit if it had some BBlitzers on it.

I have been on many boards over the years and it is good to have a real diversity of experience and skill. In my experience most ex-players are very biased about how a club should be run and most are very compliant to existing hierarchy. Guess if you spend 10 years in the system you have baggage.

And also from my experience, once you get elected, it is very hard to stay a rebel and invoke change, especially if you are a sole voice. I am sure that @Paul_Cousins and @Catherine_Lio could offer insight into this. Never easy to buck the system, and long term Board members, strong personalities like Sheeds and sneaky rats like Xav, know how to get you on board with what they want.

1 Like

Can a mod please delete my account or tell me how to. I’m done with this club.

3 Likes

Good boards govern, they have very little power other than appointing the CEO and making sure that member funds are being used in properly.

The issue is the CEO.

I have no doubt that under Brian Cook FC will turn it around just like Richmond did under Gale and Melbourne has under Pert.

We are going to keep yo-yoing from 8th to 16th every second year until Caviar gets the ■■■■

2 Likes

Go to your browser, and never type bomberblitz again… it’s that simple!

8 Likes

alternatively, log out, dont log back in

1 Like

This sounds like a job for MENZIES!!!

2 Likes