Calling for a rebel group

Screenshot_20220515-141721

Bring this man in.

9 Likes

4 Likes

I want the bloke with the dirty tash to lead the rebelā€¦ for giggles.

If Basil Brush was human.

2 Likes

Visibly shaking his head on camera last night :exploding_head:

Bringing in sheedy reeked of panic. Quite frankly has has no place being at the Essendon football club anymore- unless itā€™s too appear at a premiership reunion dinner

What could he possibly add to a board meeting? Or to a modern football club?

Having him on the board is just another example of the club trying to live off the past

And donā€™t even get me started on wellman being on the board.

6 Likes

With us struggling like we are, Wellman will jump ship again soon enough.

At least he got voted on.
What about the ones when only a short window for nomination, not widely advertised, mysteriously only one nominee, no need to go to a vote?

1 Like

I donā€™t really get the Sheedy hate I mean it was obviously a bone to the supporters in a hyper tumultuous time but I mean the dude is just promoting the EFC or football in general. He certainly isnā€™t consulted on serious matters nor does he have a decision making or in any way important role.
Like he is the least of our problems.

Direct your attention to the real decision makers that hold real power.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be more sympathetic to that argument if heā€™d taken one of the appointed board spots. Running a club legend like that makes it that much harder for members to get new people into the club.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair

Which was no doubt the intention.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a board member, he absolutely does make decisions and hold power.

1 Like

Maybe he was never on a promise to get an unelected appointment?

Very funny but when people stand up and say how long theyā€™ve been members what theyā€™re really wanting to demonstrate is what a big commitment theyā€™ve made to the club they have loved for just about their entire life. Just like me. Itā€™s a badge of honour, something to be proud of.

3 Likes

We should start a campaign. Call it ā€œFocus on Footballā€.

He gets a vote (1 in 10) and that obviously wields some power, my point is that he isnā€™t working on any important projects.

1 Like

Is this the best possible defence?

Iā€™m not defending him or the club. Im just saying I donā€™t think he is a significant problem in the scheme of things. Although I do take the point that members would benefit from another opportunity.

I donā€™t think he really is either, but I do think heā€™s probably only been put there as a shiny distraction to the fact Brasherā€™s been there about 10 years too long.

And thatā€™s sad in itself.
If he struck out on his own, put together a rival ticket, I think heā€™d ā– ā– ā– ā–  it in. This possibly played a part in Brasher & coā€™s thinking.

1 Like