Calling for a rebel group

The problem is that they somehow don’t have the guts to get rid of Dodoro. What alse needs to be seen to understand that he can’t put a winning list together?

There was a rumour doing the rounds this week that 3 execs would be going and Dodoro will be retired off. Oh boy I hope it’s true.

1 Like

I am with you. Certainly a challenge to the board or least few positions of the board is needed for long time. We are suffering from “Grand Old Club (or organisation)” syndrome. The hierarchy and ordinary club members think there are enough runs (or premiership cups) on board, so they can continue to play behind the seen games rather than taking a proper process driven review. Keeps on appointing key people with out any transparent process.
Unfortunate part of this issues is you need over 70-75% member support to challenge an existing board. Easy to call but difficult to achieve. But I am all for it. I am not against any personal in the club. I want a thorough review process implimented. Without that we will have another wash-up in our own bath water!

No club has changed whole sale board. All challengers successful in changing the directions of clubs have challenge few positions of the board. examples Collingwood, Tigers .

Cant ever recall a board spill having an impact.

We haven’t tried anything with a good list manager.

I’d back the idea of staying the course for a few years with the coaching panel BUT it simply can’t be done with the same guy who’s delivered flawed lists for 25 years. Goodwin didn’t get to Melbourne until 2017 but the more important change (IMHO) was in 2013 with a new recruiting manager. Melbourne had a history of burning top draft picks on players who never got close to their pick status but that trend clearly shifted from 2013 onwards with the 2013-15 drafts netting several stars & some decent role players. Their trading also improved adding KP stocks in the last few years like May, Lever & Brown.

I’d also strongly suggest that until we have an executive structure who can at least get the VFL right, its pointless expecting our coaches to make up for a non-functioning development league.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, said person has to go. The others I’m ok with.

We did stick with Worsfold til the bitter end.

yawn

We are 1 year into a 4 year rebuild.

It takes that long because we need to get a core of players from 0 to 60 games.

There’s no shortcuts and if there are it’s more luck than good management despite what Rutten says in the pressers.

We can’t get our kids better faster than any other football side in the comp.

2 Likes

Why exactly is this year 1?

3 Likes

The end of this year will be 2.

We loaded up on Perkins,Cox,Reid
Brand and Eyre

Then Hobbs and Martin this year more ready to play.

Look at the games played across our list. All the players supporters “like” have hardly racked up the games.

Or their injured.

I’m not really expecting much for another 18 months. But I do worry for games like the weekend. It says going backwards when you can’t coach your experienced players.

Questions what the lists development will be like.

I don’t think 2020 can simply be ignored. Rutten was the effective coach that year & we had the same issues then as now.

We didn’t really load up in the 2020 draft so much as be forced into having extra 1st round picks because players left. Again I see zero reason to believe 2021 was different in our list management approach that would constitute a rebuild as opposed to the last 20 years of rebuilding.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a fair call. I’m was in that boat. I’ve been a member for a longish time too. Unfortunately, I know it falls on deaf ears. Hence the joke. The club doesn’t care. I can stand up and say I’m a 50 year member (I’m not actually a 50 year member) but does it change anything? Nope. They just want the dollars and go about their business…really, really poorly I should add.

We already have launched into it and yes of course we were forced into it.

We lost a generation and the reason was the saga. Saad,Daniher and Fantasia was the hangover.

Where is “The Raptor”?

2 Likes

Bottom of the stairs, I think.

2 Likes

That is the ultimate proof the those in charge would rather have the club suffer than admit they made a mistake.

To keep a guy for another year in a high profile position after you have pretty much sacked him is absolute peak Essendon

We have become a plaything for the rich and powerful at the club

1 Like

NOT THE RIGHT SOMEONE ELSE THOUGH!

Bump

3 Likes