Cam McCarthy set to quit

As reported by the HS. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-gws-giants-say-cam-mccarthy-doesnt-want-to-leave/story-fni5f7qp-1227522469361

Any interest?

Isn’t he contracted?

Not sure. But after reading article fully WA is preferred destination…if true.

Why do clubs even bother signing players on contracts longer than a year?

Think I’ve just been sucked in by click bait. Dammit!

Why do clubs even bother signing players on contracts longer than a year?

Was told last night Freo done and dusted.

And what exactly will Freo give for him as he is still contracted and cannot walk?

Bugger. Ok, who’s next?

They offered first round picks 2015 and 16 and were knocked back. No idea what they plan to do after that.

They offered first round picks 2015 and 16 and were knocked back. No idea what they plan to do after that.

Never accept the first offer, but that doesn’t look too far off the mark. Saying that, if it was JD who had a similar year I’d want it improved a fair bit.

Considering the price the bulldogs paid GWS for a VFL forward last year, I expect GWS will be demanding heaven and Earth.

Also did you hear Essendon are hard to deal with at the trade table?

I thought you couldn’t trade away two back to back first round picks.

Considering the price the bulldogs paid GWS for a VFL forward last year, I expect GWS will be demanding heaven and Earth.

Also did you hear Essendon are hard to deal with at the trade table?

please tell me it doesn’t give that old chestnut a run in the article?

You can’t trade both next year’s 1st pick AND next year’s 2nd/3rd picks.

Boyd cost pick #6 and Griffen. Two picks of Freo’s likely to be in the #16 to #18 range (or worse with FA compo) isn’t even close.

Then again, is McCartney that much better than Carlisle, and we’ll probably get a lot less. :frowning:

What is wrong with people, says he wants to return home, no wait C Mac, how about instead of returning home and joining a top 4 side, why don’t you come down here and see our spongy floors, I know we don’t have a coach and half the list might be gone next year but seriously, check out our floors

This is the player Essendon needs really bad imagine him and Daniher in the forward half then Hurley and hooker in the back

What is wrong with people, says he wants to return home, no wait C Mac, how about instead of returning home and joining a top 4 side, how about you come down here and see our spongy floors, I know we don't have a coach and half the list might be gone next year but seriously, check out our floors

mitch ‘i want to go home’ clarke missed the flight to perth and ended up in melbourne.
paddy i want to be close to my family ryder ended up in port

They’d all learn a lot from Treloar.

“They can’t pay me enough money”.

I like it.

Not setting a good precedent here.

They already lost Boyd who was contracted. Now McCarthy likely. No wonder GWS denying it, don’t want others trying to do same thing to get out of backwater Sydney!