Celebrity Deaths 2017

My favourite Bond.

1 Like

Thatā€™s LALD. Also, the hick sheriff was in another Bond where he and his wife were on a gondola ride in Venice in another Bond.

That sheriff only died a few weeks ago.

1 Like

All this nostalgia for old-school Bond makes me want Tarantino and George Miller to work together on the next Bond film.

Bond slicing up some goons with a samurai sword while Tupac blares in the background sounds a-ok to me

I was actually thinking Tarantino could do the dialogue, particularly the scene where Bond and the villain size each other up publicly (when they canā€™t actually do anything) as he does those so very well.
And Miller to do the action scenes without any CGI.
I wouldnā€™t be adverse to letting Tarantino do the villainā€™s death, and if that were to be by lots of samurai swords then I could live with that.
Portishead to do the soundtrack.

So do you want Bond liberally peppering the villainā€™s death speech with N-bombs or Biblical quotes?

Yes, I should have mentioned that and youā€™re right to point it out.
No.
And I donā€™t want any foot fetish stuff either.

A guy ritchie bond film, iā€™d watch the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of it.

Gregg Allman. Dead.

Dang.

Agree to Portishead doing the soundtrack. To basically anything.

1 Like

Former friend of the CIA and cocaine users everywhere, General Manuel Noriega of Panama has left us aged 83.

John K Watts died today. Played in 3x premierships with The Royals and the 1963 flag with Geelong. He wrote the lyrics for the Catsā€™ theme song as well as for The Royals and Swan Districts. Loved here in WA. Another link to a fantastic past has left us.

2 Likes

Found out last night the ā€˜Kā€™ in John K Watts stood for ā€œKnow it allā€. His actual middle name is Albert.

2 Likes

Watts had discussions with Essendon and looked set to join the Bombers in 1963 but changed his mind to join good mate G Farmer at Geelong. Turned out to be a good decision. His words were sung after that game and have been sung on a victory ever since.

Yep Diggers, JK Watts was to WA football what Louie Richards was to Victoria.

Two great footballers and even better football media personalities gone within a month of each other on opposite ends of the country.

My dad worked in a number of Perthā€™s better restaurants during the eighties and nineties and would often see Wattsie frequenting these establishments and would always say that heā€™d been in and how it made his night better as he was always making everyone laugh.

Those Kings Size Mens Wear ads will never be the same without him.

RIP.

2 Likes

Peter Sallis (voice of Wallace from Wallace and Gromit) died 4 days ago at 96.

1 Like

The hot con artist who stitched up Steve Martinā€™s and Michael Caineā€™s characters in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels has died.

That would be Glenne Headly.

The original Batman Adam West. Many an afternoon spent watching this.

3 Likes