Celebrity Deaths 2017

Elie Weisel, buchenwald survivor, auschwitz survivor, Nobel laureate.

Died on a day when the US president talked about how ‘the West’ was being invaded and corrupted by sinister foreign forces and how Will would inevitably triumph…

He must have been pretty old.
I remember reading a horrific book of his, maybe 25 years ago. There was a particular scene he was describing, involving soldiers and babies that I’ve never been able to wash out of my mind.

Just a spritely 87

Didn’t he die this time last year?

He died around this time last year. Simone Veil died recently

Vale Veil.

2 Likes

So he did. My mistake there, should have checked. Dunno why his death popped up in my twitter feed today though…

Death of a Legend. R.I.P.

1 Like

Martin Landau, star of the Mission Impossible TV series, and many movies such as Ed Wood, dead age 89.

Sorry, I’m not going to miss an opportunity like that.

Space 1999

1 Like

Well…

The name “crunchy_frog1” seems innocent enough, until a post like that. Then you realise there is a lot more meaning behind it than a fondness of frogs. A word of advice, why don’t you take yourself back to the dark and dingy hiding holes of the internet and disappear from this forum forever.

Mods, you know what you need to do.

2 Likes

Absolutely loved that show as a child. A few years ago I downloaded it and re-watched for nostalgia. It is the most hilarious sci-fi you’ll see.

Aaaaand back to normalcy, people.

2 Likes

Wow, to think for a while there, we had our very own David Irving. :neutral_face:

RIP Chester Bennington frontman for Linkin Park, 41

1 Like

41? He looked older.

■■■■■■■ guttered. Grew up listening to linkin park throughout my teen years and went to nearly off of their shows when they toured here

Man have I car screamed/sung some Linkin Park over the years. ‘In The End’ is one of the all time great sing in the car songs. Ripping vocalist.

‘Bleed it out’ is another ripping car song. Probably their best!!