Celebrity Deaths 2017

Nah, I don’t reckon I am.

Concur. I seriously reckon there’s something wrong with people who rave about these films as if they’re a serious addition to the movie world. There are so many good films out there, and that leaves no time for this ■■■■■.

2 Likes

At the risk of inviting scorn I believe that out of the entire Aliens and Predator franchises only two movies have cut the mustard.

Three.

1 Like

Three excellent.
I thought Resurrection was passable.
Obviously had flaws, but still okay.

Judge Joseph Wapner.

Of, …

Fame, … if nothing else.

War Hero, Ist TV Judge, Decades as a respected member of the High & Supreme courts off screen.

Cashed in his chips at a ripe old 97.

Controversial cartoonist, Bill Leak, has died of a heart attack at 61.

There will be people who will not mourn his passing.

Was it the stress all the bleeding heart lefties put him under?

There’d be a few who thought his heart was a shrivelled, blackened husk.

1 Like

Heh. My ex had to spend a night in hospital recently to get her heart tested. Apparently they found one.

1 Like

Tragic that he didn’t live to see 18C repealed.

2 Likes

Joni Sledge. Now deceased.

Murray Ball. Footrot Flats cartoonist died after an 8 year battle with Alzheimer’s.

Bit sad about this. I think I half taught myself to read at a young age by raiding my dad’s Footrot Flats cartoon books.

5 Likes

I loved Footrot Flats.

3 Likes

Used to love Footrot Flats.

Shat all over Snake Tales from a great height. Someone told that guy he’s funny. They lied to him.

Murray Ball should be able to enjoy his slice of heaven.*

• Not that I believe in heaven or life after death, but to me, heaven is being remembered fondly.
2 Likes

Did he do The Wizard of Id?

Nah, that wasn’t him. I liked that one though.

I think I’ve still got a few Wizard of Id books around. There was an obit for MB in the paper this morning and it did mention a couple of other comic strips he’d done but I’d never heard of either…may have been NZ only.

Got his start in London as a cartoonist apparently. Footrot Flats was after he moved back to NZ and boaught a farm.

I have a few somewhere also :slight_smile:
Used to love those things.